If not cleared periodically, your Safari Reading List on iPhone can get overcrowded with old and unwanted webpages. You will find below the steps to Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone and Mac.
Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone and Mac
The Reading List feature in Safari browser on iPhone and Mac allows you to save webpages for later reading.
The difference between Safari Reading List and Bookmarks is that webpages saved to Safari Reading List can be accessed offline.
Also, the Safari Reading List can be saved to iCloud, which allows you to access saved webpages on all your devices.
As you continue adding webpages to Safari Reading List, it gets crowded and needs to be cleared from time to time.
1. Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone
Follow the steps below to Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Bookmarks icon located in the bottom menu.
3. On the next screen, tap on Reading List (eyeglasses) icon.
4. On the Reading List screen, tap on the Edit option in bottom menu.
5. Next, select the Webpages that you want to clear from your Safari Reading List and tap on the Delete option in bottom menu
Note: Alternatively, you can also swipe left on the item that you want to clear from Safari Reading List and tap on the Delete option.
2. Clear Safari Reading List On Mac
macOS provides the option to clear both individual items and also to clear all Reading List items at once on your Mac.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac
2. Click on View tab and select Show Reading List Sidebar option in the drop-down menu.
3. Right-click on the webpage that you want to remove from Safari Reading List on Mac and select Remove Item option in the contextual menu.
In case you want to clear all items From Safari Reading List on Mac, you can select Clear All Items option in the contextual menu.
Note: Once you clear Safari Reading List on Mac, you won’t be able to undo the action.
3. Clear All Items From Safari Reading List on iPhone
Unlike Mac, the option to Clear All Items in Safari Reading List is not available on iPhone.
However, it is still possible to clear entire Safari Reading List at once on iPhone by using a workaround as provided below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on your Apple ID.
2. On Apple ID screen, tap on iCloud.
3. On iCloud screen, scroll down and move the toggle Next to Safari to OFF position.
Note: If you have not enabled the option to backup Safari data to iCloud, you can enable it now and then turn it OFF to get the option to Clear All Safari Data on iPhone.
4. On the pop-up, tap on Delete From My iPhone to remove Safari Data from your device.
Note: This workaround also clears your Safari favourites, Safari bookmarks and other Safari Data.