If it is not periodically cleared, your Safari Reading List on iPhone, iPad and Mac can get overcrowded with saved webpages. You will find below the steps to Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone and Mac.
Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone and Mac
The Reading List feature in Safari browser allows users to add or save webpages for later reading on iPhone and Mac.
While you can also Bookmark webpages in Safari browser, adding webpages to Safari Reading List allows you to access them offline.
Also, Safari Reading List can be saved to iCloud, which allows you to access saved webpages offline on all your devices.
As you continue adding webpages to Safari Reading List, your Safari Reading List can gets overcrowded with too many saved webpages.
Hence, the need to get into the habit of periodically clearing webpages from Safari Reading List and keeping it organized.
1. Clear Safari Reading List Items on iPhone
Follow the steps below to Clear Safari Reading List on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Safari browser and tap on Bookmarks icon located in bottom-menu.
2. On the next screen, tap on Reading List (eyeglasses) icon.
3. On Reading List screen, tap on the Edit option, located in bottom menu.
4. Next, select Webpages that you want to clear from Safari Reading List and tap on the Delete option in bottom menu.
Note: Alternatively, you can also swipe left on the item that you want to clear from Safari Reading List and tap on the Delete option.
2. Clear Safari Reading List On Mac
macOS provides the option to clear individual items and it also provides the option to clear all Reading List items at once.
1. Open Safari browser on Mac > click on the View tab in top-menu bat and select Show Reading List Sidebar option in the drop-down menu.
2. In Reading List Side-bar, right-click on the webpage that you want to remove and select Remove Item option in the menu that appears.
If you want to clear all items from Safari Reading List, you can select Clear All Items option in the contextual menu.
Note: Once you clear Safari Reading List on Mac, you won’t be able to undo the action.
3. Clear All Webpages from Safari Reading List on iPhone
Unlike Mac, the option to Clear All Items from Safari Reading List is not available on iPhone.
However, it is still possible to Delete Entire Safari Reading List at once on iPhone by using a workaround as provided below.
1. Open Settings and tap on your Apple ID.
2. On Apple ID screen, tap on iCloud.
3. On iCloud screen, scroll down and move the toggle Next to Safari to OFF position.
Note: If you have not enabled the option to backup Safari data to iCloud, you can enable it now and then turn it OFF to get the option to Clear All Safari Data on iPhone.
4. On the pop-up, tap on Delete from My iPhone to remove Safari Data from your device.
Note: This workaround also clears your Safari favorites, Safari bookmarks and other Safari Data.