If you want to hide your Phone Number while making calls, you can make use of Hide Caller ID feature as available on your iPhone.
Hide Caller ID On iPhone
When the Caller ID feature is enabled on iPhone, you will be able see the Phone Number or Name of the person that is trying to Call your iPhone.
Similarly, when you Call other people from your iPhone, they will be able to see your Phone Number or Name on their mobile devices.
However, it is possible to hide your Phone Number while making Calls from your iPhone by disabling the Caller ID feature on your device.
You will find below the steps to Hide Caller ID on iPhone from Everyone and also the steps to Hide Caller ID on Per-Contact and Per-Call basis.
1. Hide Caller ID from Everyone
Follow the steps below to Hide Caller ID or Phone Number from everyone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Phone.
2. On the Phone screen, tap on Show My Caller ID option.
3. On the next screen, disable Show My Caller ID option by moving the toggle to OFF position.
After this, your Phone Number will not be displayed, whenever you make a Call to anyone from your iPhone.
Note: Caller ID blocking is not allowed in some countries or by some carriers. In such cases, you will find the Caller ID option grayed out.
2. Hide Caller ID from Specific Contacts
It is also possible to disable Caller ID only while making Calls to a certain Contact of yours, while allowing everyone else to see your Caller ID.
This can be done by adding the Call blocking Code in front of the Phone Number of the Contact that you want hide your Phone Number from.
In North America, the two-digit code for blocking Caller ID is *67 for Landline Phones and #31# for Mobile or Cellular Phones.
If you live outside North America, you should be able to find the Code for your region by visiting this article on Wikipedia.
Note: Some Cell Phone providers have their own codes for blocking Caller-ID and may charge a fee for providing this service. You need to contact your service provider, if above codes do not work.
Once, you know the Caller ID blocking code for you area, you can follow the steps below to Hide Caller ID on per Contact basis.
1. Open the Phone App on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Detail icon (i) located in front of the Contact for which you want to disable Caller ID.
3. On Contacts detail page, tap on Edit and modify the Phone Number of your Contact by adding Caller ID Blocking Code in-front of the Phone Number of your Contact.
For example, if the Phone Number of your Contact is AAA-555-5555, you need to modify the number to #31#AAA-555-5555 and tap on Done to save this change.
After this, every time you make a Call to this Contact, the Caller ID blocking code will be automatically dialled.
This will Hide your Caller ID or Phone Number from this particular Contact of yours.
Note: Caller ID blocking codes *67 or #31# may not be allowed by some service providers, who may have their own codes.
Also, some service providers may require you to dial *67 or #31# code first and wait for the regular dial tone to return, before Dialling the Phone Number that you want to call.
3. Hide Caller ID on Per Call Basis.
In this case, you are trying to hide your Caller ID during an occasional call to a person who is not on your Contact list.
1. Find out the Caller ID disabling code for your area.
As mentioned above, codes *67 and #31# work with many cell phones in North America, while 141 works in United Kingdom and Ireland.
2. Dial the Caller ID Blocking Code followed by Phone Number of the person that you are trying to Call.
For example, you will be Dialling *67AAA 555-5555 or #31#AAA-555-5555 in case you are trying to call AAA-555-5555 Phone Number.
If the Caller ID disabling code works, the person at the other end will not be able see your Phone Number.