The Sleep Mode in Windows 10 allows Windows computers to go into Low Power mode after a certain period of inactivity. You will find below the steps to Enable or Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10.
Change Or Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10
When Sleep Mode is enabled on a Windows Computer, it automatically goes into a state of Low Power Mode after a certain period of inactivity.
Whenever you need to work on your computer again, you will be able to wake your device and get back to work almost immediately by pressing the Power Button.
With default Sleep Mode settings, most Windows computers go into Sleep Mode after 15 Minutes (While on battery) and 30 minutes (when pugged-in to a power supply) of inactivity.
While the default period is good enough for most activities, it may not be suitable in certain cases or suitable for all users.
Luckily, it is easy to fix this problem either by disabling sleep mode or by setting your computer to go into Sleep Mode after a long period of inactivity.
Change or Disable Sleep Mode Using Settings
Follow the steps below to Change or Disable Sleep Mode in Windows 10 using Settings.
1. Open Settings > click on System.
2. On the next screen, click on Power & Sleep in the left pane. In the right-pane, scroll down to “Sleep” section and you will be able to change or Disable Sleep Mode on your computer.
To disable Sleep Mode, you can set “PC goes to sleep after” to Never.
In case you want to change Sleep Mode settings, you can set “PC goes to sleep after” to anywhere from 1 to 45 minutes or 1 to 5 days.
As you can see in above image, “Sleep” section of “Power & Sleep” Settings allows you to change or disable Sleep Mode when the computer is connected to a Power Supply and also when it is running on Battery Power.
Change or Disable Sleep Mode Using Advanced Power Plan Settings
Sleep Mode can also be changed or disabled using Advanced Power Settings.
1. Open Settings > click on the System icon.
2. On the System screen, click on Power & Sleep > scroll down and click on Additional Power Settings Link.
3. On the next screen, click on Change Plan Settings option, located next to the selected option.
4. On the next screen, you can Disable Sleep Mode by setting “Put the computer to sleep” to Never.
Similarly, you can set Put the computer to sleep to whenever you want the computer to go to sleep.