Fitbit One is an advanced pedometer that tracks your daily steps taken, calories burned and stairs climbed. It even monitors your sleep patterns and comes equipped with a silent alarm that wakes you without disturbing anyone else.
Fitbit One is a good alternative to newer wrist-worn trackers such as Fitbit Flex – if you don’t want to wear a bracelet or you prefer traditional pedometers.
FitBit One Features
Fitbit One comes equipped with all the abilities of a pedometer, with some great extra features.
- Tracks steps taken and calories burned
- Has an altimeter, so you can count the stairs climbed
- Monitors sleep patterns
- Allows you to set goals and motivates you with badges
- Comes with Bluetooth 4.0, meaning you can sync with your computer or some smartphones (supports iPhone but has NO Android support)
- Shows data on device display
- Syncs with website, which provides in-depth charts and graphs of your daily activity
- Water resistant
Fit bit One Design
Fitbit One is very small and light, unlike various other pedometers, which can feel bulky and poke noticeably out of clothing. The Fitbit One has a removable silicone clip that you can use to attach to your belt or elsewhere you feel comfortable clipping it.
The body of the Fitbit One is made of plastic, with an OLED display that displays various stats. There is a single button you use to change the display.
In order to use the Fitbit One when sleeping, you can use the Velcro wristband that comes in the package to secure it to your hand.
- Has an altimeter, unlike the Fitbit Flex
- Good price
- Long battery life – lasts for about a week, depending on usage. Charged via USB cable; takes only a couple of hours to charge
- Syncs with Fitbit website, which provides an excellent, detailed user experience
- Good design; very light and compact
- Allows access to fitness apps
- Very accurate
- Is not waterproof (cannot use during swimming); only water-resistant
- Cannot track specific workouts
- Sleep monitoring system can be a little inaccurate
- Clip cover does not grip that well, may result in lost device
- Forgetting them in your pants and washing them is a possibility
The Fitbit One is one of the best pedometers available on the market, with several excellent features and a sturdy, compact body. It is extremely accurate and will provide a great way to track your fitness and improve your physical health this year.