If iPhone is not showing up on your computer, you can find below the steps to fix the problem iPhone Not Detected by Windows 11/10 computer.
iPhone Not Detected By Computer
When you connect an iPhone to the USB port of a computer, it should be automatically recognized by the operating syatem and show up in File explorer and Device Manager screen.
If this is not happening, the problem could be due to various reasons, ranging from the USB cable being faulty, USB Port not working to outdated drivers and other reasons.
Depending on the reason, you should be able to make your Windows 11/10 computer recognize iPhone by using any of the following methods.
1. Make iPhone Trust Your Computer
For security reasons, iPhone can only be recognized by trusted devices. Hence, the first step is to make sure that your computer is trusted by iPhone.
1. Unplug iPhone from the computer > wait for 30 seconds > Plug iPhone back into the computer
2. You will see “Trust This Computer?” pop-up on the screen of your iPhone.
3. Tap on the Trust option to trust your computer.
After this, your iPhone should show up on File Explorer, iTunes and on Device Manager screen.
2. Try Another USB Port
Sometimes, the problem is due a particular USB port going through problems or becoming faulty. This can be easily confirmed by plugging iPhone into another USB Port.
If you are using a USB Hub, connect iPhone directly to a USB port on your computer.
3. Restart Computer
Sometimes, the problem is due to a minor technical glitch, stuck program or processes preventing the computer from recognizing iPhone.
In most cases, this can be fixed by restarting the computer and starting it back again after 30 seconds.
4. Check USB Cable
Make sure that the USB cable is not broken or damaged. If another USB cable is available, try the new cable and see if it fixes the problem.
5. Update Drivers
As mentioned above, the problem of iPhone not being recognized by the computer could be due to the device drivers becoming outdated.
1. Plug iPhone in to USB port of the computer.
2. Right-click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
3. On Device Manager screen, expand the entry for Universal Serial Bus Devices, right-click on Apple Mobile Device USB Device and click on Update Driver.
4. On the next screen, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Follow the prompts as Windows 10 tries to search and install Updated driver on your computer.
If Windows is unable to find Updated Driver software, try to locate the Driver manually by clicking on Browse my computer for driver software option and look for Driver in the following locations
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
6. Set Apple Services to Start Automatically
Follow the steps below to make sure that Apple Services are running and are set to start Automatically on your computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Run.
2. In the Run Command window, type services.msc and click on OK.
3. On the Services screen, make sure that Apple Mobile Device Service, Bonjour Service and iPod Service are running and they are set to start automatically on your computer.
If Apple Services are not set to start automatically, double-click on the Service > on the next screen, change Startup type to Automatic and Start the service (in case it is not running).
4. Click on OK to save the settings and close the screen.
6. Reinstall iTunes
If iPhone is not showing up in iTunes on a Windows 10/11 computer, the problem could be due to installation of iTunes on your computer becoming faulty or damaged.
Hence, follow the steps below to uninstall iTunes and Reinstall it back again on your computer.
1. Open Settings > click on Apps.
2. On the next screen, click on Apps & Features in the left-pane. In the right-pane, type iTunes in the search bar > click on iTunes and select the Uninstall option.
3. Download and install the latest version of iTunes for Windows on your computer.
Hopefully, one of the above methods should help you fix the problem of iPhone not showing up on the computer.