The Menu bar on your Mac can easily become cluttered as new programs start to Add their icons to the Menu bar. Luckily, Apple makes it very easy to rearrange or remove icons from Menu Bar on Mac.
Remove Icons From Mac Menu Bar
The Menu bar provides Mac users with shortcuts to programs. For example, if you want to Turn on Bluetooth on your Mac, you can do this by clicking on the Bluetooth Icon from the top-menu bar of your Mac, instead of having to go into System Preferences.
However, as you continue using your Mac, the menu bar can become cluttered and unorganized as different Apps and programs start automatically adding their icons to the Menu bar.
Remove Icons From Mac Menu Bar Using Keyboard
In most cases, removing icons from the Menu bar of your Mac is a simple process and can be done using the keyboard.
1. Hold the Command key on the Keyboard of your Mac and simply drag the icon out of the Menu bar.
While most menu icons are easy to remove using the above procedure, you may come across certain stubborn apps that may not allow you to remove icons by using the Command key.
For such apps (mostly third party apps), you will have to access the settings screen of the program and find a way to remove the stubborn icons from the Menu bar of your Mac.
1. Open the stubborn App and navigate to Settings screen of the App.
2. On the Settings screen, look for an entry that refers to the Menu bar – something like Show in Menu Bar
3. Once you locate this option, the App may allow you to uncheck the option to Show in Menu bar.
Rearrange Icons in Mac Menu Bar Using Keyboard
The placement of Icons on the Menu bar of your Mac is decided by the MacOS software. However, you can always Rearranging the Icons on the Menu bar of your Mac to suit your preferences or to make it easy to access your most used shortcuts.
1. Hold the Command key on the Keyboard of your Mac and simply drag the icon to their new position (wherever you want them to be).
You can rearrange almost any Icon using the Command key procedure as described above. However, you won’t be able to move the Notifications icon, which is designed to always stay in the top-right corner of your screen.