While you may or may not come across the need to record a conversation on your phone, it is really easy to accomplish this task. We are providing below three different methods of recording Phone calls on Android Phone.
Record Phone Calls on Android Phones
It is important to know that recording phone calls is not legal in many countries and you need to check with regulations in your Country, State or province, before going ahead with the steps to record phone calls on Android Phone.
According to Digital Media Law Project, recording conversations on phone, on video or in person can have serious consequences, depending on the laws pertaining to this subject in your area.
In case you ever come across the need to record phone calls, it is highly recommended that you understand the legal aspects, before going ahead with the act of recording a phone call on your Android Phone.
With that, let us go ahead and take a look at three different methods to record calls on Android Phone – Using Automatic Call Recorder App, Using ACR App and by using Google Voice.
1. Record Phone Calls on Android Phone Using Automatic Call Recorder App
The easiest way to record calls on an Android Phone is to make use of call recording Apps as available on the Google Play Store.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Phone and search for Call Recorder
2. Once you find the App, download the App on your Android phone.
3. Once the app has finished downloading, open the App and you will be prompted to choose a theme. Tap on the either Light or Classic and tap on Next.
4. On the next screen you can choose to setup Cloud Storage for your recorded calls and choose to Increase Call Volume during recordings for better recording quality. Once you have made your selections, tap on Done.
Once this setup is completed, the Automatic Call Recording App will automatically start recording any calls you make or receive on your phone.
If you do not want to record all the calls, you can disable Automatic call recording and enable the option to record calls only when it becomes necessary.
1. Open the Automatic Call Recorder App and tap on the 3-line icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
2. On the drop-down menu that appears, tap on Settings. On the Settings screen, toggle off the option to Record Calls.
3. On the pop-up that appears, tap on Yes to disable automatic call recording.
Now if you want to record a call, you will have to manually open up the app and follow the above steps to turn on call recording.
2. Record Phone Calls on Android Phone Using ACR
While there are many Phone recording Apps, ACR is easily one of the better known apps to record phone calls on Android Phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Phone and search for ACR
2. Once you find the App, download the ACR App on your Android Phone.
3. Next, open the App and follow the instructions to Install ACR on your device. As you can see in the image below, you will be prompted to confirm that recording is legal in your country.
4. Once you tap on OK, the ACR App will continue to run in the background and will automatically record any calls you make or receive on your phone.
If you do not like the idea of recording all Phone Calls, you need to buy the premium version of the app, which has the manual option and allows you to record selected phone calls.
However, there is workaround that you can make use of to disable Automatic call recording in ACR App and enable call recording only when you want to.
1. Open ACR app on your Android Phone and tap on the 3-line icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
2. From the ensuing menu, tap on Enabled.
Tapping on “Enabled” will move the toggle to OFF position and the ACR App will stop recording Phone Calls on your Android Phone.
Anytime you want to record calls, open ACR App > tap on the 3-dot menu icon and tap on Disabled.
This will move the toggle to ON position and the App will start recording Calls on your Android Phone.
3. Record Phone Calls on Android Phone Using Google Voice
Unlike the Call Recording Apps that we discussed above, Google Voice can only record incoming calls and not outgoing calls.
Also, Google Voice is not available outside the US at this moment, but you can still download the App by changing Google Play Store country on your Android Phone.
As soon as you start recording calls on Google Voice, it plays an audio message informing the Caller that the call is being recorded.
Before being able to record calls on your Android Phone using Google Voice, you need to first enable the Call recording feature in Google Voice.
1. Open Google Voice app on your Android phone and tap on the 3-line icon located at the top left corner of your screen.
2. From the slide-over menu that appears, tap on Settings.
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Advanced Call settings.
4. On the Advanced Call settings screen, toggle ON the option for Incoming Call Options (See image below)
That is it, you are now all setup and ready to record incoming calls on your Android Phone, any time you want to do so.
Whenever you want to record a call, simply, tap on 4 on the keypad during the call and you will immediately hear an Audio recording, saying that the call is being recorded.
To stop recording, just tap “4” again, and you will hear another message saying that call recording is being Turned-OFF.