It is not uncommon to end up accidentally deleting Notes from iPhone only to realize their importance later on. Luckily, it is possible to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad using steps as provided below.
Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
The Notes App on iPhone is a convenient tool for creating checklist, shopping list and storing various other kinds of information.
While you can use the Notes App without Password, the Notes App also allows you to protect your information by using Password or Touch ID.
However, using Password or Touch ID only protects the Notes from unauthorized, it does not protect them from being accidentally deleted.
Just like regular Notes, password protected Notes can also be moved around and deleted, without the need to enter a password.
Luckily, deleted Notes are not immediately removed from iPhone and they can still be recovered.
1. Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
Follow the steps below to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad.
1. Open the Notes App on your iPhone.
2. Once you are in Notes, tap on the Back Arrow button located at the upper left corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, tap on Recently Deleted Folder under “On My iPhone”. Check to see if the Deleted Note is available. If not, look for the Note in “Recently Deleted” Folder under iCloud.
4. On Recently Deleted screen, tap on Edit button located at the top upper-right corner of your screen.
5. On the next screen, tap on the little circle next to the Deleted Note that you want to restore and tap on Move To… option located at the bottom left-corner of your screen.
Note: You can also select multiple Notes to Restore by tapping on the little circle next to the Notes.
6. On the next screen, tap on the Folder to which you want to move the Deleted Note. For most users it will be the Notes Folder located under “On My iPhone” or “iCloud”.
Now, open the Folder to which you moved back the Delete Note and you will find the deleted Note back in that Folder.
2. Recover Permanently Deleted Notes on iPhone or iPad
If you did not find the Deleted Note in “Recently Deleted” Folder, it is likely that you had deleted the Note more than 30 days ago and your iPhone has permanently deleted the Note.
The only way to Recover Permanently Deleted Note on iPhone is to look for an iTunes Backup on your computer that was created while those Deleted Notes were still available on your iPhone.
If such a backup is available, you will be able to Recover Permanently Deleted Notes by Restoring your iPhone using iTunes.