It is not uncommon to end up accidentally deleting Notes from iPhone only to realize the importance of information contained in those deleted Notes. Luckily, you should still be able to recover Deleted Notes on your iPhone or iPad using the steps as described below.
iOS Notes App
The Notes App on your iPhone or iPad is a very convenient tool for managing and organizing day to day activities. You can make use of the Notes app to create a Checklist of ‘Things to Do’, Prepare shopping lists and record all kinds of information.
Thanks to the protected Notes feature introduced in iOS 9.3, you can even keep personal and business related information on Notes and protect this sensitive information from unauthorized access by opting to protect such Notes with Touch ID or a Password.
While password protected Notes are protected from being viewed and accessed by others, there is no way to prevent password protected notes from being deleted.
Just like regular Notes, password protected Notes can also be moved around and deleted without the need to enter a password.
Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone and iPad
The good news, in case you have accidentally deleted Notes from your iPhone is that those deleted Notes are still on your iPhone and you should be able to recover them using the following steps.
1. Open the Notes app on your iPhone.
2. Once you are in the Notes app, tap on the Back Arrow button located at the upper left corner of your screen.
3. On the next screen, tap on the Recently Deleted folder under On My iPhone.
4. On the next screen, Tap on the Edit button located at the upper right corner of your screen.
5. Next, tap on the little circle next to the Note that you want to restore (See image below). Similarly, you can select multiple Notes by tapping on each one of them (in case there are multiple Notes to be restored).
6. Once you have selected the Note/Notes, tap on the Move To… link located at the bottom left corner of your screen (See image above).
7. On the next screen, tap on the Folder to which you want to move the deleted Note back to. For most users it will be the Notes Folder located underneath the heading On My iPhone or iCloud (See image below).
Note: You will also be able to move the Note to a Custom Folder, in case you had created a Custom Folder to keep certain types of Notes.
8. Now, open the Folder to which you had moved back the Notes to, you will find the deleted Note back for your use.
In case you do not find the Note in Recently Deleted Folder, it is likely that you had deleted the Note more than 30 days ago and your iPhone has permanently deleted the Note.
In such a case, your only other option would be to look for an iTunes Backup that was created while those Notes were still available on your iPhone.
If such a backup is available, you can choose to Restore your iPhone using iTunes, in order to recover those deleted Notes.