You will find below the steps to Delete and Reinstall WhatsApp back on your Android Phone, in case you are having problems with the app and want to do a fresh installation of WhatsApp without losing your Messages and Pictures.
Backup WhatsApp on Android Phone
Before rushing to delete WhatsApp from your Android Phone, you should remember to make a backup of your WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive. This way you will not be losing your Messages, Pictures and history.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android Phone.
2. Next, tap on the 3-dots Menu icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
4. On the Settings screen, tap on Chats.
5. Next, tap on Chat Backup.
6. On the Chat Backup screen, tap on the Back up button to start backing up WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive (See image below).
Note: If necessary, you can check the Include Videos option to backup videos linked to WhatsApp Messages. However, including videos will slow down the backup process and videos will occupy a lot of space in your Google Drive account.
7. Patiently wait for the backup process to be completed. The time to backup will depend on the number of WhatsApp Messages on your Android Phone.
Delete WhatsApp on Android Phone
After making a backup of WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive, you can safely delete or Uninstall WhatsApp on your Android Phone by following the steps below.
1. Tap on Settings
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down to Device section and tap on Applications.
3. Next, tap on Application Manager.
4. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on WhatsApp.
5. On the Application info screen, tap on Uninstall to delete WhatsApp from your Android Phone (See image below)
6. You will see a popup, tap on Uninstall to remove WhatsApp from your Android Phone (See image above).
Reinstall WhatsApp on Android Phone
Follow the steps below to download the latest version of WhatsApp from Google Play Store and reinstall WhatsApp on your Android Phone.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android Phone
2. Search for WhatsApp on the Google Play Store and tap on WhatsApp Messenger as it comes up in the search results.
3. Next, tap on Install to download WhatsApp to your Android Phone
4. On the next screen, tap on Accept to provide WhatsApp with access to your contacts, photos and others.
5. Once you tap on Accept, WhatsApp will begin downloading to your Android Phone.
6. Once WhatsApp has finished downloading, tap on Open.
8. On the next screen, select your Country, enter your Phone Number and tap on Next.
9. Next, you will see a popup, tap on OK to let WhatsApp verify your phone number.
10. Once your Phone number is verified, WhatsApp will look for backups and inform you about the latest backup that you had made to Google Drive. Tap on Restore to Restore all your WhatsApp Messages.
11. Wait for the Restore Process to be completed, tap on Next when you see the check mark.
12. On the Next screen, Enter your Name and tap on Next.
With these steps you have successfully managed to delete and Reinstall WhatsApp back on your Android Phone, without losing any of your Messages or Pictures.
It is worth mentioning that some users have reported losing Messages and described WhatsApp Backup and Restore Process as being not 100% reliable.
As far as we are concerned, we had no problems backing up WhatsApp Messages to Google Drive and Restoring them back on our Android Phone.