Google’s Chromecast device provides a convenient way to cast videos, photos and movies on to the larger screen of your Home TV. You will find below the steps to Setup Chromecast on Android and iPhone.
Setup Chromecast on Android Phone and iPhone
Setting up Google Chromecast on Android Phone or iPhone is a straight forward process.
1. First, plug in the Google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV
2. Using your TV’s remote, change the input of your TV to the right HDMI port (HDMI 1, HDMI 2 …) into which the Chromecast device is plugged in.
3. The next step is to download Google Home app on your Android Phone from Google Play Store. In case of iPhone you can download the Home App from the App Store.
4. Once Google Home App has finished downloading, open the Home App and tap on Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
5. After agreeing to Terms and Conditions you will be taken to the Home screen of Google Home App.
On the Home Screen of Google Home App, tap on Set up 1 device option (See image below).
6. Next, you will now be prompted to choose a Home for your device. Select Home and tap on Next.
7. The Google Home App will now start looking for nearby devices. Once it locates your Chromecast device, tap on Yes to continue.
8. Next, you will see a Code at the bottom right corner of your TV and also a Code on your phone. Tap on Yes if you are able to see the Code on your TV (See image below).
9. On the next screen you will be asked if you would like to share device stats and crash reports with Google to improve Chromecast.
Tap on either Yes, I’m in or No thanks to continue with the setup process.
10. Next, you will be asked to choose a location where your Chromecast device is located. Choose a Location and tap on Next.
11. On the next screen, select your WiFi Network and tap on Next.
12. Next, enter your WiFi network’s password to finish the Setup process of your Chromecast device.
That’s it, your Chromecast device is now all setup and ready to cast Videos and Movies onto the larger screen of Home TV.
Unable to Setup Chromecast
Follow the steps below on your iPhone or Android Phone, in case you are facing problems during the Setup process of your Chromecast device.
1. Go to Settings > WiFi > Make sure that both your phone and Chromecast are connected to the same WiFi Network.
2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Make sure that Bluetooth option is turned ON.
3. Go to Settings > WiFi > and connect to Chromecast’s open WiFi Network by tapping on it (See image below)
Once the Bluetooth option is enabled on your Phone and you are connected to Chromecast’s WiFi Network, you should be able to continue with the setup process, without any further problems.