Chromecast is an affordable little device that can be used to Cast TV Shows, Movies, Sports and Videos playing on your Smartphone onto the larger screen of your Home TV. You will find below the steps to Cast YouTube From iPhone and Android Phone to TV.
Cast YouTube From iPhone and Android to TV
As mentioned above, Chromecast device can mirror or duplicate the display of your Laptop, iPhone or Android Phone and project it to the larger screen of your Home TV, without using any cables or wires.
What makes this even more convenient is that you can use your Mobile device as the remote control for your Television.
You can raise or lower the Volume and Pause, Forward or Rewind the Video playing on the screen of your Home TV using your Mobile phone or Tablet.
Chromecast is an inexpensive device ($35) and is easy to setup. You can take a look at our guide: How to Setup Chromecast Using Android and iPhone, in case you haven’t setup Chromecast yet.
1. Cast YouTube From iPhone to TV
Follow the steps below to Cast YouTube Videos playing on your iPhone onto the screen of an HDTV.
1. First, make sure that both Chromecast and your iPhone are connected to the same WiFi Network, otherwise you will not be able to cast videos.
To check which WiFi network your iPhone is connected to, tap on Settings > WiFi. You will be able to see the name of your WiFi network on the WiFi Settings Screen of your iPhone (See image below).
2. After making sure that both Chromecast and your iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network, open the YouTube App on your iPhone.
Note: In case you do not have the YouTube App, you can easily download it from the App Store.
3. Next, open the YouTube Video that you would like to cast to your Television using Chromecast
4. As the Video starts playing, tap on the Cast icon located at the top of the Video to Cast or Mirror this video on the large screen of your Television using Chromecast. (See image below)
2. Cast YouTube From Android Phone to Chromecast
Follow the steps below to Cast YouTube Videos playing on your Android Phone onto the large screen of your Home Television.
1. First, make sure that both Android Phone and Chromecast device are connected to the same WiFi network.
To check which WiFi network your Android Phone is connected to, go to Settings > WiFi and see if your Android phone is connected to the right network.
2. Once you have verified the WiFi network, open the YouTube App on your Android Phone or Tablet
Note: In case the app is not installed on your device, download the app from the Google Play Store.
3. Next, open the YouTube Video that you would like to Cast onto the large screen on your TV.
4. Once the video starts playing tap on the Cast icon to Mirror or Cast the Video playing on your Android Phone on to the large screen of your Television using Chromecast. (See image below)