Since iPhone X does not have a home button, you will need to get used to a different method of taking screenshots on iPhone X. You will find below the steps to take screenshots on iPhone X.
Take Screenshots on iPhone
Screenshots make it easy for you to capture scores from games or capture interesting Tweets and information from websites that is worth sharing with others.
Screenshots are also useful in capturing error messages, reporting bugs and are often used by tech bloggers to show the steps to fix problems on devices.
In previous versions of iPhone, screenshots were taken by pressing the Home and Power buttons at the same time. However, in iPhone X Apple has removed the Home button, which leads to the question – How does one take screenshots on iPhone X?
Steps to Take Screenshots on iPhone X
Follow the steps below to take screenshots on iPhone X.
1. Open the screen that you want to capture.
2. Adjust the screen to exactly the way you want the screenshot to look like.
3. To take a screenshot, press and hold the Side button (Power) and the Volume Up buttons at the same time.
In case of iPhone X, Apple calls the Power (ON/OFF button) as the Side button and the Volume Up button replaces the Home button step in previous versions of iPhones.
4. Once you press the Side and Volume Up buttons, you will see the screen of your iPhone X flashing and you will also hear the camera shutter sound, indicating that a screenshot has been taken and saved on your iPhone.
After taking the screenshot, you can mark and annotate the screenshot and share it with anyone.
How to View and Share Screenshots on iPhone X
The screenshots that you take on iPhone are saved within the Photos App and you can follow the steps below to View and Share Screenshots on iPhone X.
1. Open the Photos App on your iPhone.
2. In the Photos App, tap on Albums and open the Screenshots album by tapping on it.
3. In the Screenshots Folder, you will find all the screenshots that you have taken on iPhone X.
4. To share a screenshot, tap on the screenshot and then tap on the Share Icon located at the bottom left corner of your iPhone.
5. On the next pop-up that appears, tap on the App that you want to use for sharing the screenshot with others (See image below).
Take Screenshot on iPhone X Without Using Buttons
Here is another way to take screenshot on iPhone X, without using any buttons on your device.
1. Tap on Settings > General > Accessibility.
2. On the Accessibility screen, scroll down and tap on AssistiveTouch option located under “Interaction” section.
3. On the next screen, toggle on the option for AssistiveTouch (See image below).
Once the option for AssistiveTouch is enabled, you can follow the steps below to take Screenshots on iPhone X.
1. Open the screen that you want to capture in a screenshot.
2. Tap on the AssistiveTouch button to bring up the Assistive Touch Menu.
3. In the Assistive Touch Menu, tap on the Device option (See image below).
4. Next, Tap on the More option.
5. Tap on the Screenshot option to take a screenshot of the screen.
You will see the screen of your iPhone X flashing and will also hear a “Shutter” sound, indicating that you have successfully taken a screenshot on your iPhone X.