Compared to the previous versions, Windows 10 provides multiple methods to remove Apps and Programs on your computer. You will find below the steps to Uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10.
Uninstall Apps & Programs in Windows 10
In previous version of Windows, the only way to uninstall a program was to go to the Control Panel.
In Windows 10, Apps and programs can be uninstalled right from the startup menu, by going to Apps section of Settings menu and also from the Control Panel.
So let us go ahead and take a look at different methods to Uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10
1. Uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10 Using Settings
While it is easy to install Apps from the Start menu, using Settings is the preferred method to Uninstall Apps in Windows 10.
1. Click on the Start button and click on Settings Icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on the Apps Icon.
3. On the Apps screen, click on Apps & Features in the left pane. In the right-pane, click on the App or program that you want to uninstall and click on the Uninstall button.
Tip: Instead of scrolling, use the Search Bar on “Apps & Features” screen to search for the App or Program that you want to remove.
4. On the pop-up that appears, click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: Uninstall option won’t be available for Windows 10 built-in programs like Calculator, Maps, Groove Music and others.
For Uninstalling built-in Windows Apps and programs, you can refer to this article: How to Uninstall Microsoft Apps in Windows 10
2. Uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10 Using Start Menu
Perhaps the easiest way to Uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10 is by using the Start menu.
1. Click on the Start button > right-click on the App or Program that you want to remove and click on Uninstall.
2. On the confirmation pop-up, click on Uninstall to remove the App.
If you are uninstalling a Windows 10 desktop program, you will be taken to “Programs and Features” screen. Right-click on the program that you want to remove and click on Uninstall/Change.
3. If you see a confirmation pop-up, click on Yes or Continue to confirm the uninstallation of the program.
3. Uninstall Apps & Programs Using Control Panel
The good old Control Panel method of uninstalling programs is still being supported in Windows 10.
1. Open the Control Panel on your computer.
Note: There are multiple ways to open Control Panel in Windows 10.
2. On the Control Panel screen, click on Uninstall a program option located under Programs.
3. On the next screen, right-click on the program that want to remove and click on Uninstall.
4. You will see a pop-up, asking you to confirm that you do want to Uninstall the program. Click on Yes to confirm.
You can choose any of the above methods to uninstall Apps and Programs in Windows 10.