Apple has released iOS 10 Beta for public, allowing users to test iOS 10 software and report glitches and bugs to Apple. Collecting user feedback and information about bugs and glitches is an important part of Software development and you can participate in this exciting phase by making use of the iOS 10 Feedback App.
Feedback App in iOS 10
In case you haven’t yet downloaded and installed iOS 10 Beta on your device, you can make use of our detailed guide on How to Install iOS 10 Beta on iPhone and iPad.
After installing iOS 10 Public Beta, you will notice that it comes with a new app called Feedback on your Home Screen.
The iOS 10 Feedback app has been designed to allow users to report bugs and glitches in iOS 10 Beta, so that Apple’s engineers can take a look at these bugs and fix them, before the Official release of iOS 10 software.
In this article we will be showing you the steps to use iOS 10 Feedback app so that you can report bugs and glitches in iOS 10 to Apple.
How to Report Bugs in iOS 10 to Apple
Follow the steps below to report bugs and glitches to Apple by using the Feedback app.
1. From the home screen of your iPhone or iPad, tap on the Feedback app.
2. Next, tap on Accept (located at the bottom right corner) when presented with the usage notice
3. Now, Sign-in to your Apple Account by entering your Apple ID and password
4. On the next screen, tap on the New Feedback link (See image below)
5. On the next screen, you will be required answer a bunch questions designed by Apple to collect information about the type of problem that you are encountering on you device.
6. Fill in all the information and when you are done tap on Submit from the top right corner of your screen (See image above)
Note: Some of your personal information may be sent to Apple, however you can remove this information by following the steps below.
Remove Personal Data From Your iOS 10 Feedback Report
When you send your iOS 10 beta feedback report to Apple, some of the information as listed below MAY be sent to Apple.
- Your name and location
- Your network connection
- Your device identifier
- Your calendar data
- Your email correspondence
However you can easily remove this information by following the steps below.
1. After filling in all the required fields in the feedback report, scroll down to the bottom of your screen
2. Underneath the heading File Uploads, you will see a file called sysdiagnose (See image below)
This file (sysdiagnode) may contain your personal information that is being sent to Apple.
3. Swipe left on the sysdiagnose file to reveal a hidden delete option
4. Tap on Delete to remove this file from your Feedback report.
This will ensure that your Feedback is received by Apple without your personal information (If any).