You may find it necessary to reinstall Google Chrome browser, if it is going through problems or if you are unable to access the Settings Menu in Chrome.
Reinstall Google Chrome Browser
All the above options are available in Chrome Settings Menu, which can be easily accessed by clicking on 3-dots menu icon, located at the top-right corner of your screen.
If you are unable to access Chrome Settings Menu or unable to fix problems using other methods, it is likely that the installation of Chrome browser on your computer has become corrupted.
In such a case, the only way to fix Chrome browser is to delete Google Chrome and Reinstall it back on your computer.
1. Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Windows PC
Make sure that all Chrome Browser tabs are closed and follow the steps below to Reinstall Chrome browser on Windows PC.
1. Open Settings on your Windows computer and click on Apps.
2. On the next screen, type Chrome in the Search bar > click on Google Chrome in the search results and click on the Uninstall button.
3. After Uninstalling Chrome, go to Google Chrome’s website and download the latest version of Google Chrome browser on your computer.
4. Select the location for ChromeSetup.exe file on your computer and click on Save.
5. Double-click on the downloaded ChromeSetup.exe file.
6. Wait for Google Chrome browser to be installed on your Windows Computer.
After Chrome browser is installed, you can add the Chrome Icon to Taskbar for easy access to browser.
2. Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Mac
Follow the steps below to Reinstall Chrome browser on Mac.
1. Click on the Finder icon on your Mac.
2. On the Finder screen, click on Applications in left-pane. In the right-pane, right-click on Google Chrome and select Move to Trash option in contextual menu.
3. After Uninstalling Chrome, go to Google Chrome’s website to download the latest version of Google Chrome on your computer.
4. Open the downloaded googlechrome.dmg file by double-clicking on it.
5. Move Google Chrome to the Applications Folder on your Mac.
You will now find Chrome browser reinstalled and ready for use on your Mac.
If Google Chrome is Not Working After Reinstall
If you experience Chrome browser problems after Re-installing the browser, it is likely that malware or a rogue program is interfering with proper functioning of Chrome browser on your computer.
In such a case, you can try to remove Malware by downloading Chrome Cleanup Tool.
If this does not help, boot your computer in Safe Mode and try to clean the malware using the Antivirus Software installed on your Computer.
You may also want to take a look at this guide: Remove Malware Using Windows Defender Offline.