You may find it necessary to reinstall Google Chrome browser, if it is going through problems or if you are unable to access the Settings Menu in Chrome.
Reinstall Google Chrome Browser
All the above options are available in Chrome Settings Menu, which can be easily accessed by clicking on 3-dots menu icon, located at the top-right corner of your screen.
If you are unable to access the Settings menu in Chrome, it is likely that the Chrome browser installed on your computer has become corrupted.
In such a case, the only way to fix Chrome browser on your computer is to delete Chrome and reinstall it back again on your computer.
1. Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Windows PC
To Uninstall Chrome Browser on a Windows Computer, make sure that all Chrome Browser windows and tabs are closed and follow the steps below.
1. Open Settings on your Windows computer and click on Apps.
2. On the next screen, type Chrome in the Search bar > click on Chrome in search results and click on the Uninstall button.
3. After Uninstalling Chrome, go to Google Chrome’s website and download the latest version of Google Chrome browser on your computer.
4. Select the location for ChromeSetup.exe file on your computer and click on Save.
5. Double-click on the downloaded ChromeSetup.exe file.
6. Wait for Google Chrome browser to be installed on your computer.
After Chrome browser is installed on your computer, you can add the Chrome Icon to Taskbar for easy access to browser.
2. Steps to Reinstall Google Chrome on Mac
Follow the steps below to Reinstall Chrome browser on your Mac.
1. Click on the Finder icon on your Mac.
2. On the Finder screen, click on Applications in left-pane. In the right-pane, right-click on Google Chrome and select Move to Trash option in contextual menu.
3. After Uninstalling Chrome, go to Google Chrome’s website to download the latest version of Google Chrome on your computer.
4. Open the downloaded googlechrome.dmg file by double-clicking on it.
5. Move Google Chrome to the Applications Folder on your Mac.
You will now find Chrome browser reinstalled and ready for use on your Mac.
If Google Chrome is Not Working After Reinstall
If you find problems with Chrome, even after re-installing the browser, it is likely that a rogue program on your Computer is interfering with proper functioning of Chrome browser.
You may also want to take a look at this guide: Remove Malware Using Windows Defender Offline.