If you Can’t Delete a Photo Album from the Photos App on iPhone, it might be a Protected Album or an Album Synced from another device on your iPhone.
Why Can’t I Delete Photo Albums from iPhone?
While user created Photo Albums can be easily deleted from iPhone, certain Photo Albums are protected and you won’t be able to delete them.
If you are unable to delete a Photo Album on iPhone, it is likely to be one of the following types of protected Photo Albums.
- Media Type Albums (Videos, Selfies, Screenshots, Panorama)
- Synced Photo Albums from Mac, iPad or Windows computer
- Photo Albums Automatically Created by iPhone (People, Places)
Apart from above, you should be able delete or remove all other Photo Albums from your iPhone/iPad.
How to Remove Synced Photo Albums from iPhone
While Synced Photo Albums cannot be deleted on iPhone, they can be removed by connecting iPhone to Mac or Windows computer.
1. Connect iPhone to Mac or Windows PC using its supplied lightning cable. If you are on Mac, open Finder and select your iPhone in the side menu.
If you are on a Windows computer, open iTunes > click on the Phone icon as it appears in iTunes and then select your iPhone in the side menu.
2. Next, switch to Photos tab, make sure Selected Albums option is checked, Uncheck Photo Albums that you want to remove from iPhone and click on Apply.
Note: This method only removes Photo Albums Syncing from other devices (iPad, Mac) on your iPhone. It won’t remove Photo Albums that were created on your device.
3. Wait for the changes to Sync with your iPhone.
Once the syncing process is completed, only the selected Photo Albums will remain on your device. All the unselected or unchecked Photo Albums will be removed from iPhone.
- How to Delete All Photos From iPhone or iPad
- How to Delete Selfies And Screenshots on iPhone and iPad