If your MacBook has limited SSD storage, you may want to free up storage space on your device by removing old iPhone Backup Files from Mac. You will find below the steps to delete iPhone Backups on Mac.
Delete iPhone Backups From Mac
Downloading a complete backup of iPhone on Mac allows you to restore iPhone, in case something goes wrong with your iPhone.
However, the practice of downloading up-to-date backup copies of iPhone on a regular basis leads to accumulation of old iPhone backup Files on your device.
If you do not see any value or purpose in keeping old iPhone backup files, you can delete them and regain storage space on your device.
You will find below three different methods to Locate and Remove iPhone Backups on Mac.
1. Delete iPhone Backup on Mac Using Finder
Follow the steps below to delete iPhone Backups on Mac using the Finder icon.
1. Connect iPhone or iPad to your Mac.
2. Open the Finder on your Mac.
3. On the next screen, select your iPhone in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Manage Backups… option.
4. On the Window that appears, select the iPhone Backup that you want to delete and click on Delete Backup option.
The selected iPhone backup will be deleted.
2. Delete iPhone Backup From Backup Folder on Mac
Another way to delete iPhone Backups on Mac is to Locate the Backup Folder on Mac and delete iPhone Backups located in this Folder
1. Click on the Finder Icon on Mac.
2. Next, click on the Go option in top-menu bar and select Go to Folder… option.
3. In Go to window, type ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ and click on the Go button.
4. In the Backup Folder, select iPhone Backups that you want to delete > right-click on the selected Backups and click on Move to Trash option.
3. Delete iPhone Backup on Mac Using Spotlight Search
Another way to delete iPhone Backups on Mac is to use the Spotlight Search to go to the Location of iOS Backup Folder on Mac.
1. Click on the Search Icon located at the top-right corner of your Mac.
Note: You can also open Spotlight Search by pressing Command + Space Bar keys.
2. Copy and paste ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ in the spotlight search window and press the Enter key.
3. On the next screen, select iPhone Backups that you want to delete > right-click on the selected Backups and click on Move to Trash option.