In case you are looking for a way to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad, you will find below the steps to Quickly Disable Siri, Temporarily Disable Siri and also the steps to permanently disable Siri on iPhone or iPad.
Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad
In case you have enabled “Hey Siri”, Apple’s digital assistant “Siri” can get activated on any of your Apple devices when you say “Hey Siri”.
This means there is a possibility of Siri being activated on your iPhone while you are trying to activate it any other Apple device.
To avoid this and to prevent the possibility of Siri being activated by pranksters, you can disable Siri on iPhone on a temporary basis.
1. Temporarily Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad
The simplest way to temporarily disable Siri on iPhone is to keep your device Face Down and this will make Siri stop responding to “Hey Siri.”
If this method is not working on your iPhone, it is likely that the “Fitness Tracking” feature is turned OFF on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, scroll down and tap on Motion & Fitness.
3. On the Motion and Fitness screen, toggle ON the option for Fitness Tracking.
Once Fitness Tracking feature is disabled, you will be able to temporarily disable Siri on your iPhone at any time by simply lying your device face down.
Siri will get automatically re-activated, only when you pick up your iPhone.
2. Disable Siri on iPhone Using Low Power Mode
Another quick way to disable Siri on iPhone is to manually enable Low Power Mode on your device.
1. Open Settings, scroll down and tap on Battery option.
2. On the Battery screen, toggle ON the switch next to Low Power Mode.
While this method disables Siri, it also disables other functions like background App Refresh, Mail Fetch and other functions, in order to conserve power on your device.
3. Permanently Disable Siri on iPhone
In case you do not use Siri at all, you can disable Siri Permanently on your iPhone.
Before going ahead with the steps to disable Siri on a permanent basis, you need to be aware that you will have to once again go through the process of Enabling “Hey Siri” and training Siri all over again, in case you change your decision.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Siri & Search option.
2. On the Siri & Search screen, toggle OFF Listen for “Hey Siri”, Allow Siri When Locked and Press Home For Siri options.
3. On the pop-up, tap on Turn OFF Siri option.
Note: Leaving “Press Home for Siri” option enabled, makes Siri accessible from the Home Screen. Disabling Listen for “Hey Siri” has no impact on your ability to use Siri from the Home Screen.