If your iPhone is not vibrating, the problem could be due to software or hardware related issues. You will find below different methods to fix the problem of iPhone Not Vibrating on silent mode.
iPhone Not Vibrating
Many users like to place iPhone on Vibrate mode while attending meetings and also when they do not want to be disturbed by the sound of calls on their iPhone.
Placing an iPhone on vibrate mode makes it vibrate, whenever a Call, Message, Notification or an Alert is received on the phone.
As you can imagine, you can end up missing important calls and messages, in case your iPhone is not vibrating and unable to alert you about incoming calls and notifications.
Luckily, both the issue of iPhone Not Vibrating in Silent Mode and also the issue of iPhone Not Vibrating When Ringer is Turned ON can be fixed using methods as provided below.
1. Enable Vibrate on Silent
The most common reason for iPhone Not Vibrating in Silent Mode is due to vibrate on silent mode not being enabled in Settings.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone, scroll down and tap on Sounds (or Sounds & Hepatics).
2. On the next screen, toggle ON the option for Vibrate on Silent.
Now, your iPhone will Vibrate when you enable Silent Mode on your device by pushing the Silent/Ring switch towards the back of your iPhone.
2. Enable Vibrate On Ring
If you want your iPhone to vibrate while ringing, make sure that Vibrate on Ring option in enabled in Settings.
1. Go to Settings > Sounds > enable Vibrate on Ring option by moving the toggle to ON position.
Now, your iPhone will vibrate, when you disable silent mode on your device by pulling the Silent/Ring switch towards the screen of your iPhone.
If both Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent are turned OFF, your iPhone will not vibrate when you flip the Silent/Ring switch.
3. Enable Vibration Pattern
Your iPhone will not vibrate, if the Vibration pattern is set to ‘None’.
1. Go to Settings > Sounds > scroll down and tap on Ringtone option located under ‘Sounds and Vibration Patterns’ section.
2. On the next screen, tap on Vibration.
3. On Vibration screen, select any Vibration Pattern.
After this, test your iPhone and see if Vibration mode is working while your iPhone is placed in Silent Mode.
4. Enable Vibration in Accessibility Settings
Follow the steps below to enable Vibration Mode in Accessibility settings on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch.
2. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Vibration to ON position.
Now, see if your iPhone is vibrating in Silent Mode and while ringing (in case desired).
5. Restart iPhone
Restarting any computing device can help it recover from stuck processes and minor software glitches which might be causing problems on that device.
1. Press and Hold the Power button on your iPhone, until you see ‘Slide to Power OFF’ option on the screen of your iPhone.
2. Turn OFF your iPhone by moving the slider to the right.
3. Wait for 60 seconds and Turn ON iPhone by pressing the Power button.
After iPhone restarts, test to see if the vibrate function is now working on your device.
6. Check iPhone Vibrator Motor
The problem of iPhone Not Vibrating could be due to the Vibrator Motor on your iPhone becoming faulty or not at all working.
1. Go to Settings > Sounds > toggle ON both Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent options.
2. Now, toggle ON and toggle OFF the Ringer (Ring/Silence button located at the side of your device) on your iPhone.
If you can feel your iPhone vibrating (when you switch the Ringer ON/OFF), the Vibration Motor is working.
If your iPhone is not vibrating, it confirms that the Vibrator Motor is not working and you need to take your device to an Apple Care technician.
7. Reset All Settings
If the Motor on your iPhone is working, the problem could be due to unspecified incorrect settings on your iPhone.
You can try to Reset All Settings on your iPhone to factory default settings and see if this helps in fixing the problem.
In case you are worried, this step will not erase data on your iPhone, it only erases the Settings on your iPhone and Resets them to Factory Default Settings.
1. Go to Settings > General > scroll down and tap on Reset.
2. On the next screen, tap on Reset All Settings option.
3. If prompted enter the Passcode for your device
4. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset All Settings to confirm.
After your iPhone Restarts, make a check to confirm if the problem iPhone Not Vibrating is now fixed on your device.
8. Factory Reset iPhone
If none of the above methods worked, you can try to Factory Reset iPhone and see if this can fix the problem.
The Factory Reset Process will completely wipe out all the Data on your iPhone, including corrupted and broken files causing the problem on your device.
After the Factory Reset Process is completed, you will be prompted to Setup your device as New iPhone or restore using an iCloud or iTunes Backup (If available)
9. Try DFU Mode Restore
In case your iPhone is not vibrating due to corrupted Hardware Settings, you will have to perform a DFU Mode Restore to fix the problem.
The DFU Restore Process will erase both software and hardware settings on your iPhone and reinstall both operating system software and Firmware on your iPhone.