Keeping Tap-to-wake feature enabled on iPhone makes it susceptible to false Wake ups and this can be a drain on the battery life of your iPhone. You will find below the steps to Disable Tap to Wake on iPhone X.
Disable Tap to Wake on iPhone X
As you must have noticed, iPhone X comes to life the moment you or someone else taps on the screen of your iPhone. This feature is known as “Tap to Wake” and is basically designed to make it easy for iPhone X users to check incoming calls and notifications.
However, the convenience of being able to wake up iPhone X by tapping on it comes with the annoyance of your device waking up unnecessarily due to accidental taps and consuming more battery life than normal.
Also, Tap-to-Wake feature is not really much different from Raise to Wake, which is already enabled by default on your iPhone. In-fact, you may prefer using Raise-to-Wake, as it wakes up the iPhone only when it is actually picked.
Hence, we are providing below the steps to Disable Tap to Wake on iPhone X, for users who do not want to keep this feature enabled on their iPhone.
Turn Off Or Disable Tap To Wake On iPhone X
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on General.
3. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
4. On the Accessibility screen, disable Tap to Wake on your iPhone by moving the toggle next Tap to Wake to OFF position (See image below).
After this setting, your iPhone will no longer Wake up when you touch or tap on the screen of your iPhone. In case you happen to change your mind, you can always enable Tap-to-Wake feature on your iPhone by accessing the Accessibility Settings screen on your device.
- How to Disable Face ID on iPhone X
- How to Hard Reset or Reboot iPhone X
- How to Add Virtual Home Button On iPhone or iPad