There is no option to select All Photos on iCloud, which makes it difficult to select multiple or All Photos on iCloud. However, it is possible to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac using two different methods as provided below.
Download ALL Photos from iCloud to PC
While Apple’s iCloud Photo Library is considered to be a safe and secure place to store your memories, it is always a good idea to download All Photos from iCloud to PC as a precautionary measure.
Just like having an insurance policy, an additional backup of all your Photos will provide you with peace of mind that you do have a backup of your memories, in case something happens to your iCloud Account.
Another common reason for downloading All photos from iCloud to PC or Mac is to clear up storage space on iCloud by deleting All Photos on iCloud after downloading them to PC.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to select All Photos on iCloud and download them to your PC or Mac.
1. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Safari
If you want to download Photos directly from icloud.com, you can follow the steps below to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac and go to icloud.com
2. Sign-in to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password.
3. After you are signed-in to iCloud, click on the Photos Icon.
4. Once you are in iCloud Photos, click on the Photos Tab and press Command+A to select all Photos on iCloud.
Note: If Command+A is not working, make sure that iCloud Photos is enabled on your iPhone.
5. After selecting All Photos, click on the Download icon (See image in step 4) to start the process of downloading all the selected Photos to your Mac.
Note: Currently iCloud download limit stands at 1,000 Photos.
This means that you can only download up to 999 photos at a time from iCloud to Mac. If you have more than 1,000 photos, try to select and download 500 Photos at a time.
To select 500 Photos, click on the First Photo > Scroll down 50 rows > Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard of your Mac and click on the Last Photo in 50th row.
2. Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac Using Photos App
The easiest way to download All Photos from iCloud to Mac is by using the Photos App on Mac. Also, this method has no limit on the number of Photos being downloaded.
1. Open the Photos App on your Mac.
2. Wait for All your Photos to Load on Mac
3. Once All the Photos are loaded, switch to All Photos view by clicking on the Photos tab.
4. Next, press Command+A Keys on the Keyboard of your Mac to select all the Photos on iCloud.
5. After selecting All Photos, simply drag the highlighted Photos to Desktop or a Folder on your Mac
The time to Download All Photos from iCloud to Mac will depend on the number of Photos been downloaded and the speed of your internet connection.