It is possible to download WhatsApp Photos directly to computer by opening your WhatsApp account on a Windows PC or MacBook.
Download WhatsApp Photos to Computer
As mentioned above, the first step to download WhatsApp Photos on a computer is to access your WhatsApp Account on your Windows PC or MacBook.
Once you are able to open your WhatsApp account on PC or Mac, you will be able to download Photos and Videos attached to WhatsApp Messages directly on your computer.
Hence, let us go ahead and take a look at the steps to first Access WhatsApp on computer and download WhatsApp Photos to Computer.
Step #1. Open Your WhatsApp Account on Computer
WhatsApp provides the option to access your WhatsApp Account on computer using WhatsApp Web, which makes it available on its website.
1. Open any Web browser on your computer and go to web.whatsapp.com
2. On WhatsApp Web, you will see a QR Code along with instructions to scan the code using your Phone.
3. Next, open WhatsApp on your Phone > tap on 3-dots icon located at top-right-corner and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
Note: If you are using an iPhone, tap on Settings icon in the bottom menu.
4. On the Settings screen, select Linked Devices option.
5. On Linked Devices screen, tap on Link a Device option and use the back camera on your phone to scan the QR Code.
6. Once the QR Code is scanned, you will immediately see your WhatsApp Account appearing on the screen of your computer.
Step #2. Download Photos from WhatsApp to Computer
Once your WhatsApp Account is available on the computer, you can follow the steps below to download WhatsApp Photos to your computer.
1. Open the Chat containing Photos that you want to download to computer.
2. Once the Chat is open, click on the Contact Name or Group Name of the Chat.
3. On the Contacts Info screen, Click on Media, links and Docs option.
4. On the next screen, hoover mouse over the Photo that you want to download and click in the little box that appears to select the Photo.
5. Once the Photo or Photos that you want to download are selected, click on Download icon located at top right-corner.
6. On Save-as dialog box, select Download Location, type a Name for the downloaded file and click on the Save button.
Download Single WhatsApp Photo to Computer
If you are interested in downloading a single photo, you can follow the steps below.
1. Open your WhatsApp account on the computer using the first step as provided above.
2. Open the Chat containing the Photo that you want to download to computer.
3. Once the Chat is open, hoover mouse over the Photo that you want to download > click on the Down Arrow and select Download option in the drop-down menu.
4. On the next screen, select the Save Location and click on the Save button.
The selected WhatsApp Photo will be saved to your computer.