It is really easy to Backup WhatsApp Manually and also setup Automated WhatsApp Backups to iCloud on your iPhone. You will find below the steps to Backup WhatsApp to iCloud on iPhone.
Backup WhatsApp on iPhone
Hence, the first step is to make sure that WhatsApp has access to iCloud on your iPhone. You can do this by going to Settings > Apple ID Name > enable WhatsApp with access to iCloud.
Also, you may want to make sure that WhatsApp Backup process is taking place over a WiFi Network and not using your expensive cellular data network.
You can do this by going to Settings > Cellular > disable iCloud Drive to OFF position.
1. Manually Backup WhatsApp on iPhone
You can manually Backup WhatsApp to iCloud on your iPhone at any time by following the steps below.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and tap on the Settings tab in bottom menu.
2. From the Settings screen, go to Chats > Chat Backup.
3. On the next screen, tap on Back Up Now to start the process of manually backing up all your WhatsApp Chats from iPhone to your iCloud Account.
Note: Enable the option for Include Videos, in case you want to backup WhatsApp videos attached to your Messages.
2. Setup Automated WhatsApp Backup to iCloud
As mentioned above, you can also setup Automated WhatsApp Backups to iCloud on your iPhone.
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the Settings tab in bottom menu.
2. From the Settings screen, go to Chats > Chat Backup > scroll down and tap on Auto Backup.
3. On the next screen, select Daily, Weekly or Monthly WhatsApp Auto Backup option.
After completing above steps, you will find your iPhone automatically backing up WhatsApp Messages and Photos to iCloud, whenever it is connected to a WiFi Network.