YouTube provides the option to watch videos in a minimized window, while you are busy doing something else on your computer. You can find below the Steps to Use YouTube Picture-in-Picture Mode on Mac.
Use YouTube Picture-in-Picture Mode on Mac
The Picture-in-Picture feature in YouTube allows you to detach a YouTube Video and place it anywhere on the screen of your computer in a minimized form.
This allows you to work on other Apps, with your favorite YouTube Videos playing unobtrusively at the corner of the screen, in a minimized window.
For example, you can browse the internet, working on a spreadsheet or send messages, with a small floating window playing your favorite YouTube Videos.
Depending on your requirements, you can Resize the floating YouTube Picture-in-Picture video and move it around on the screen.
Related: How to Turn OFF YouTube Auto-play on Mac and PC
1. Steps to Use YouTube in Picture-in-Picture Mode on Mac
You can follow the steps below to Enable and Use YouTube Picture-in-Picture Mode, using the default Safari browser on your MacBook.
1. Open the Safari browser on your Mac > visit youtube.com and open the video that you want to play in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode
2. Once the video starts playing, right-click anywhere on the video and ignore the first menu that appears.
3. Right-click again and select Enter Picture in Picture option in the second menu that appears.
4. Once you click on Enter Picture-in-Picture, you will immediately see the YouTube Video detaching and playing in a small window at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Once the YouTube Video starts playing in PIP Mode, you can minimize the tab and the video will continue to play in PIP Mode, even when you open other apps.
Related: How to Loop YouTube Videos on Mac and PC
2. How to Resize YouTube Picture-in-Picture Video
As mentioned above, YouTube Picture-in-Picture Video can be resized and made larger or smaller in order to suit your requirements.
1. Hover the Mouse over the edge of YouTube Video playing in PIP mode.
2. Drag the edge of the PIP window to make it larger than its default small size.
3. Move YouTube Picture-in-Picture Video
By default, YouTube PIP Video plays in the lower-left corner of the screen. However, it can be moved to any other corner or anywhere on the screen of your MacBook.
1. Press and Hold the Command key, click on the video and then drag it to any location on the screen of your Mac.
2. Release the Command Key, once you have moved the video to your desired location.
4. Exit YouTube Picture-in-Picture Video On Mac
Once you are done watching the video, you can exit the PIP Video by following the steps below.
1. Hover the Mouse over the video and click on either the x-icon or the attach icon (See image below)
2. You will immediately find the video exiting the Picture-in-Picture mode and playing on YouTube website in the form of a regular YouTube Video.