As you must have noticed, YouTube has the habit of Automatically playing the next Video as soon as you are done watching a Video. You will find below the steps to Turn OFF YouTube Autoplay feature in order to stop YouTube from Automatically playing the next related Video.
YouTube Autoplay Feature
According to Google, the Autoplay feature on YouTube is designed to help you decide “What to watch next”. As soon as you finish watching a Video, YouTube Autoplay gets into the act, Automatically playing the next Video based on your viewing history.
The clear benefit of YouTube Autoplay as experienced by many users is its incredible ability to bring up exactly the kind of Videos that you always wanted to watch. In-fact, without this feature it would be difficult to search for and find so many Videos that are in line with your taste.
The disadvantage of Autoplay is its ability to keep viewers engaged for hours, watching one Video after another. This results in loss of your valuable time and excessive bandwidth usage, which can be expensive on mobile devices.
Turn OFF YouTube AutoPlay on Mac or PC
YouTube provides an easy way to stop the YouTube Autoplay function right next to the YouTube Video that you are watching. However, this easy option is often not noticed by many users.
1. On your Mac or PC, visit YouTube.com
2. Once on YouTube, start watching any Video and take a look at the top right corner of your screen. You will see the “Up next” section of YouTube with the Autoplay option enabled by default.
This indicates that YouTube on your Mac or PC is set to Automatically play the next related Video, as soon as you are done watching the current Video.
3. To Turn OFF AutoPlay, simply move the toggle next to Autoplay to OFF position (See image below)
Turn OFF Autoplay Using YouTube Settings Menu on Mac or PC
You can also Turn OFF YouTube Autoplay on your PC or Mac by using the Settings Option in YouTube.
1. Visit YouTube.com on your Mac or PC
2. Once you are on YouTube, start playing any Video
3. Pause the video and click on the Gear Shaped Settings Icon that you will see near the bottom right corner of the Video (See image below).
4. On the Menu that pops up, turn OFF YouTube Autoplay feature by moving the slider next to Autoplay to OFF position (See image above)