If you do not want YouTube to automatically start playing the next video, you can find below the steps to Turn OFF YouTube Autoplay on iPhone and Android Phone.
Enable And Disable YouTube Autoplay
As you must have noticed, YouTube automatically starts playing the next video, as if it exactly knows what you want to watch next.
The videos that YouTube brings up in Auto-play are so closely related to interest of the users that most people find it difficult to escape the YouTube Autoplay Loop, spending hours watching an endless stream of videos on YouTube.
However, the Autoplay function in YouTube is optional and it can be Turned OFF at any time, in order to prevent YouTube from sucking you into watching an endless stream of Videos.
If you miss the way YouTube was automatically playing your favorite videos, you can go back and Enable Autoplay in YouTube at any time.
1. Turn OFF YouTube AutoPlay On iPhone and iPad
Since, all mobile devices use the same YouTube App, the steps to switch OFF Auto-play videos in YouTube are practically the same on both iPhone and Android Phone.
1. Open the YouTube App on your iPhone > tap on Profile Icon located at top-right corner and select Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on Autoplay.
3. On the next screen, move the toggle next to Autoplay next video to OFF position.
2. Turn OFF Autoplay in YouTube When Signed-in
If you are already signed-in to YouTube, you should be able to switch OFF YouTube Autoplay right from the Home Screen of YouTube.
1. Open the YouTube App on your phone and start playing any video.
2. As the Video Starts playing, scroll down and move the toggle next to Autoplay to OFF position.
Once you switch OFF the Auto-play feature using any of the above methods, you should no longer find YouTube automatically playing the next video on your iPhone or Android Phone.
As mentioned above, you can Enable the Autoplay option at any time by moving the toggle next to Autoplay to ON position.