If you are like most users, you will be mostly logging in to your Gmail Account to check for new Emails and not really bother about deleting unimportant or unwanted Emails on a daily basis. Naturally, your Gmail inbox starts swelling up, until it gets to a point where it becomes necessary to delete Gmail items in bulk.
However, deleting Emails in Bulk is not an easy task, you are now faced with a mixed group of Emails in your inbox. In this mixed bag, there might be emails from senders that you do not want to delete and other emails that may be important or worth preserving.
Luckily, Gmail has good Search and Filter functions that you can make use of to Filter Emails emails from frequent senders and bulk delete all Emails from such senders.
Filter and Delete Gmail Items in Bulk
As mentioned above, a good way of deleting Gmail items in bulk is to identify frequent senders that keep flooding your inbox with newsletters, offers, discounts and other notifications.
Once you have identified frequent senders, you can use the Sort Function in Gmail to group all the Email items from these senders and bulk delete them.
Filter and Delete All Emails From a Particular Sender in Gmail
Follow the below steps to Filter and Delete all Emails from a particular sender that keeps flooding your inbox with frequent notifications, updates and discounts for items that you are not currently interested in.
1. Login to your Gmail Account
2. While in your Gmail Inbox, find any Email from a frequent sender that you want to Filter and click on it.
3. Next, click on the More button located in the top menu bar (See image below).
4. From the drop-down menu, click on Filter messages like these option (See image above).
5. Once you click on “Filter messages like these” you will see a ‘Gmail Filter Dialogue Box’ with the Senders Email Address Pre-populated in the ‘From‘ field (See image below)
6. Next, click on the Search button icon, located at the bottom left corner of the Gmail Filter Dialogue box to Filter all Emails from this particular sender (See image above).
7. On the next screen, take a good look at the search results and see if there is any particular Email that you want to save. You can move such Emails to a different folder.
8. Once you are ready, click on the Select icon located in the top menu bar and click on All from the drop-down menu (See image below).
9. Now, that you have selected all Emails from this sender, click on the trash bin icon, located in the top Menu bar to Bulk Delete all Emails from this particular sender in your Gmail Account (See image below).
10. Repeat above steps for others senders to Filter and Bulk Delete Gmail items that you can safely get rid of, in order to end up with a lean, tidy and manageable Gmail Inbox.