Every iPhone has its own unique Identification Number or Serial Number known as IMEI Number. It is really important that you know where and how to Find IMEI Number on iPhone.
Find IMEI Number On iPhone
IMEI Number (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) is a 15-digit number that provides your iPhone with its own unique identity on the network.
In other words, your iPhone is identified by its IMEI Number and no other device on the network can share this unique number with your iPhone.
While you can continue using iPhone without knowing its IMEI Number, you will be required to provide the IMEI number of your device in the following cases.
- To Unlock iPhone.
- To Register Lost/Stolen iPhone Report at your local police station.
- To Request your service provider to block calls on your lost or stolen iPhone.
So, let us go ahead and take a look at some of the methods to find IMEI Number of iPhone.
1. See Back of iPhone
Take a good look at the back of your iPhone, you will find the IMEI Number engraved in very small letters at the back of your device.
You can use a magnifying glass and note down the number on paper or take a picture of the back portion of your device using iPad or another phone.
Taking a picture allows you to ZOOM in to clearly see the IMEI Number and it also allows you to save multiple copies of the picture on your Mac and other storage devices.
2. Find IMEI Number from Device Information Screen
Another way to find IMEI Number is to access the Device Information screen of your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > General > About.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and you will the IMEI Number of your device.
You can copy this number by tapping and holding on the IMEI Number, till you see the option to Copy or you can Take a Screenshot of this screen.
3. Type *#06# to Reveal IMEI Number
Here is another quick and easy way to find the IMEI Number of your device.
1. Open the Phone App on your iPhone (Tap on Keypad icon, if keypad is not available).
2. Using the dial pad, type *#06#.
You will immediately see a pop-up, displaying IMEI and MEID number of your device in both number and barcode format.
While this method is quick and easy, it does not allow you to copy and paste the IMEI Number. You can either write down the 15 digit IMEI Number on paper or take a screenshot.
4. From SIM Tray
The IMEI Number of iPhone is also available on its SIM Tray
1. Open the SIM tray by using a paperclip or a SIM-eject tool.
2. You will find the IMEI Number clearly engraved on the SIM tray.
5. On the Phone Box
In case you still have the box in which your Phone arrived, you should be able to find the IMEI Number on the box. Boxes containing smartphones usually have a sticker on them with a barcode.
You will find both IMEI Number and also the Serial Number of your device on the barcode sticker, attached to the box.
IMEI is usually printed on top portion of the bar code and Serial Number will be below the barcode.