The Fitbit Aria Smart Scale is not just a weight-measuring device; it connects you to the Fitbit fitness website via WiFi, calculates your BMI index, and helps keep track of your weight goals, among many other things.
About Fitbit Aria Smart Scale
The Fitbit Aria Smart Scale measures your weight, like any other scale. But it also comes with a host of other features, such as the ability to calculate your body fat percentage and BMI.
Obviously, most scales do not offer these incredibly useful features. The Fitbit Aria also connects to your WiFi so that it can sync your information to the Fitbit website, which allows you to log and track your fitness goals. You can access the Fitbit website through your computer or select smartphones.
- Measures weight, body fat percentage, and BMI
- Automatically sends data to Fitbit website
- Allows you to monitor your weight goals through the Fitbit website
- Helps you adhere to a daily calorie plan set on the Fitbit website
- Recognizes up to 8 different users, provided they all set up separate accounts on Fitbit
- Syncs with other popular fitness apps
- Motivates you through badges
A bathroom scale is not generally something anyone admires, but the Fitbit Aria scale is sleek, stylish, and well-designed. It is also very light, weighing about four pounds.
The upper surface is made of tempered glass and has a four-square design. The bottom is made up of a pattern of sixteen bubbles in plastic, which make the Fitbit Aria a lot sturdier and far more even than conventional scales.
Your weight and other stats are displayed on the round LCD screen.
Available in black or white.
You may be a bit surprised to find out that the Fitbit Aria can measure your BMI and body fat percentage completely on its own. This process works through the use of small electrical signals that go through your feet and up your body from the surface of the scale. The electrical signals can discern between lean mass (muscle) and fat.
Fitbit advices people with pacemakers to refrain from using the scale, as the electrical signals will interfere with the pacemaker.
Fitbit Aria Pros
- Sleek and minimalistic design
- Measures body fat percentage and BMI
- Syncs with Fitbit website to help track your weight and fitness goals
- Fitbit website provides an excellent user experience
- Recognizes up to 8 different users
Fitbit Aria Cons
- Must be used in combination with Fitbit website to be more than an ordinary scale
- Is priced higher than most other scales
- Cannot be used by persons with pacemakers
The Fitbit Aria Smart Scale is a better alternative to your bathroom scale, allowing you to measure far more than just your weight.
With the help of its BMI and body fat percentage counter, as well as it’s automatic syncing with the Fitbit website, the Fitbit Aria will help you reach your fitness goals.