You won’t be able to get past the Lock screen, if you happen to forget the Lock Screen Password of your Kindle Fire device. So, let us go ahead and see what you can do if you forget Kindle Fire Password.
What If You Forget Kindle Fire Password
If you happen to forget Kindle Fire Password, you can make use of your Amazon Account to Reset the Lock Screen Password or PIN of your Kindle Fire tablet.
However, if you do not have an Amazon Account, you won’t be able to Reset Kindle Fire Password. Your only option in this case is to Factory Reset Kindle Fire.
A Factory Reset will delete all your content and personal settings and take back your device to its original blank state.
Reset Kindle Fire Password Using Amazon Account
All that is required to Reset Kindle Fire Password using Amazon Account is to get to the Reset Password screen by entering an incorrect password on the Lock Screen of your Kindle Fire device.
1. Open Kindle Fire, enter any random four-digit PIN on the Lock screen of your device and you will see “Please Try Again” prompt.
2. Now, try to enter the incorrect PIN 4 more times. On the fifth attempt you will see a pop, providing you the option to “Factory Reset” or Reset Kindle Fire Password. Since, you have an Amazon Account, tap on RESET PASSWORD option.
3. On the next screen, enter your Amazon Account Password and tap on Continue.
4. On the next screen, type your New PIN/Password, confirm Password/PIN and tap on Save.
Now, you will be able to login to Kindle Fire using your New Password and you will find all your content and personal settings.
Factory Reset Kindle Fire
If you have forgotten Kindle Fire Password and you do not have an Amazon Account, the only way to get back access to your device is to Factory Reset your device.
After Factory Reset, you will have to setup your Kindle Fire Tablet as a new device.
1. Enter any random four-digit Pin and you will see “Please Try Again” prompt on the screen of your device
2. Try to Enter the pin 4 more times. On the fifth incorrect attempt you will see a pop. Since you do not have an Amazon account, tap on Factory Reset option.
3. Once the Reset process is completed, Kindle Fire tablet will Restart and prompt you to choose your Language. Select your Language and tap on Continue.
4. Next, select your WiFi Network and enter your Password to connect.
5. In the next steps, you will be required to setup an Amazon Account by providing your Email address and entering a Password to login to your Amazon Account.
Once Kindle Fire is registered to an Amazon Account, you will be able to download apps, books, music and other content from Amazon.