Apple’s New App is currently available for iOS device users within the United States region. However, you can still download and use the News App outside United States by following the steps as provided below in this article.
Apple’s News App
The News App was first introduced by Apple to iPhone users within the United States via iOS 9 Update.
Once installed on your iPhone, the News App brings the latest News Stories and Articles related to your interest in an attractive Flipboard style layout. The Apple News App also supports RSS feeds from websites you browse on Safari.
News collects all the stories you want to read, from top news sources, based on topics you’re most interested in — so you no longer need to move from app to app to stay informed. – Apple
While iOS 9.1 update has rolled out the News App to UK and Australia, the News App is still not available in Canada and other countries. Hence, this article to provide you with the steps to download and use the News App in Canada and other countries where the News App is still not available.
Get Apple News App Outside US
The method to get the News App outside US is quite simple, it just requires you to change the region settings on your iPhone or iPad.
1. On your iPhone or iPad open Settings
2. On the Setting screen, tap on General.
3. On the General Settings screen, tap on Language & Region.
4. On the Language & Region screen, tap on Region (See image below).
5. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on United States and then tap on Done from the top right corner of your screen. (See image below)
Note: You can also search for United States, instead of scrolling down the screen.
6. Next, you may see a pop-up, asking whether you would like to change your Language to English US. Tap on any option that suits you better.
After this, you should be able to see the Apple News App on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad. You may have to restart your device, in case you do not see the News App icon on the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
You can continue enjoying the News App on your iPhone, as long as you do not change the Region or Country settings back to what it was before.
Also, please note that changing the Region to US on your iPhone will change the Currency to USD, distance will be shown in Miles and you will be dealing with Feet and inches, instead of Metres and Centimeters on your iPhone.
Image Source – Apple