The problem of iPhone Not Receiving Text Messages from Android Phone users is a commonly reported issue. You can find below the steps to fix this issue.
iPhone Not Receiving SMS Text Messages from Android
A common reason for iPhone Not receiving SMS Text Messages from Android phone users is due to a problem with cellular or mobile network.
In such a case, iPhone continues to send and receive iMessages using Apple servers, but it cannot send or receive Text Messages from Android device users.
This happens, because iMessages from iPhone can be delivered using both WiFi and Cellular networks, while Text Messages from Android can only be delivered using mobile or cellular network.
Apart from this, the problem of iPhone not receiving SMS Text Messages from Android phone users can also be caused due to MMS Messaging not being enabled and other reasons.
1. Enable MMS & Group Messaging
The first step is to make sure that MMS (Multi-Messaging Service) is enabled on your device.
Go to Settings > Messages > On the next screen, make sure MMS Messaging and Group Messaging is enabled on your device.
After this your iPhone should be able to receive messages in both SMS & MMS messaging format.
2. Check Blocked Numbers
The next step is to make sure that sender’s phone number is not being blocked on your iPhone.
1. Go to Settings > Messages > and tap on Blocked Contacts.
2. On the next screen, see if the Senders Phone Number is listed. If it is listed, swipe left on the Phone Number and tap on the Unblock option.
3. Check Send/Receive Settings
A common reason for many messaging problems on iPhone is due to incorrect Send/Receive settings.
1. Go to Settings > Messages > scroll down and tap on Send & Receive.
2. On the next screen, make sure your Phone Number is listed under “You Can Be Reached By” section.
Tip: Apple ID Email address can be used to send/receive iMessages from Apple Device Users.
4. Install Updates
Sometimes, the problem is due to an update waiting to be installed on your device.
1. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
2. On the next screen, tap on Download & Install (if an Update is available).
5. Refresh Cellular Network
A quick way to reset wireless antennas on iPhone is to Enable and Disable Airplane Mode .
1. Open Settings and move the slider next to Airplane Mode to ON position.
2. Wait for 30 seconds > disable Airplane Mode by moving the toggle to OFF position.
6. Reset Network Settings
Before going ahead with this step, make sure that you note down your Wi-Fi Network Password, as you will be required to rejoin Wi-Fi Network by entering Wi-Fi Network Password.
1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.
2. On the pop-up, select Reset Network Settings option.
3. On the confirmation pop-up, tap on Reset Network Settings to confirm.
After the Reset process is completed, connect your iPhone to Mobile Network and see if you are now able to receive SMS Text Messages from Android Phone Users.
7. Disable RCS on Android Phone
You can request your Contact to disable RCS on his/her Android Phone and see if this helps in fixing the problem.
Ask your Contact to open Messages App > tap on Profile Icon and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
From the settings screen, go to General > Chat Features and move the toggle next to Chat Features to OFF position.