If you can see the Video but are unable to hear any sound while playing a Movie or TV Show on Netflix, you will find below a number of methods to fix the problem of No Sound on Netflix in Windows 10.
No Sound on Netflix in Windows 10
Before going ahead with the steps to fix the issue of No Sound on Netflix in Windows 10, make sure that the volume is turned up both on your computer and also in the Netflix player.
Also, try to play another TV Show or Movie and see if the problem continues.
1. Check Connections
Take a close look at the HDMI cable and the internet cable (in case of wired internet) and make sure that both HDMI cable and other connections are properly plugged in.
2. Close Unused Apps and Browser Tabs
The performance of Netflix on your Windows 10 computer depends on the amount of memory and processing resources that are available on your computer for streaming of Netflix videos.
Hence, free up as much resources as you can by closing all Unused Apps and browser tabs on your computer.
3. Set Audio to Studio Quality
1. Click on the Speaker icon located at the lower right corner of your taskbar and choose Playback devices.
2. Next, click on the Playback tab > Speakers > Properties.
3. On the Speaker properties screen, click on the Advanced tab and select 24 bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality) sound.
4. Click on OK to save this setting.
Now, play a video on Netflix and see if you can hear the sound.
4. Install Updates
Netflix makes use of Microsoft Silverlight, so make sure that you have the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Click on the Start button > Settings Icon > Updates & Security.
2. On the next screen, click on Windows Update in the side menu and then click on Check for Updates button.
3. Allow Windows to check for available updates and install them on your computer.
5. Reinstall Audio drivers
The problem of No Sound on Netflix in Windows 10 might be related to the device driver for sound controller getting corrupted.
1. Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager screen, right-click on the device listed under “Sound, Video and Game controllers” and click on Uninstall device option in the contextual menu.
3. Restart your computer.
Once the computer restarts, Windows will automatically install the device driver.
6. Change Audio Settings
Sometimes the problem of No Sound on Netflix in Windows 10 is related to the video being set to a sound option which is not supported by your computer.
1. Open the Netflix App on your computer.
2. Start Playing any Movie or TV Show on Netflix.
3. While the video is playing, move your mouse over the screen and click on the Dialogue icon.
4. On the menu that appears, see if surround sound (5.1) is selected. Try changing it to any available non-5.1 option.
After this change, try playing a Movie on Netflix and see if you can hear the Audio clearly.
7. Switch Audio Output to HDMI
HDMI connection transmits both Video and Audio signals within a single cable. If the Audio Output setting on your computer doesn’t change to HDMI output automatically, you’ll have to switch it manually, by doing the following:
1. Open Control Panel on your computer.
2. On the Control Panel screen, click on Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices.
3. On the next screen, set HDMI or Digital Audio as the Default Audio Device.