In our opinion the default Dock size on Mac is almost perfect for most users. However, if you disagree or find the need to make the Dock smaller or bigger, you can follow the steps as provided below to resize the Dock to suit your special requirements.
The Dock on Macs
The Dock on Macs is usually placed at the bottom of the screen and it can be described as a Launching Pad for your most commonly used Apps and programs on Mac.
Most Mac users are known to stick to the default size and location of the Dock. However, at times the Dock can get in the way of doing things, requiring either a change in the location of Dock or simply a change in the size of the Dock.
Luckily, it is really easy to change the position of Dock and also to make the Dock smaller or bigger.
Quick Way to Resize The Dock On Your Mac
The quickest and easiest way to resize the Dock on your Mac is to do it right on the Dock itself, without having to go through the Settings on your Mac.
1. Hover your mouse over the Dock Divider Line which separates the App icons on the Dock from the Trash can icon.
2. Once you hover your mouse over the Divider Line you will see that the regular mouse pointer changing into a Resize pointer (See image below)
3. Now, simply drag your mouse either up or down (vertically) to resize the dock.
Resize Dock on Mac Through Settings
Another way of resizing the Dock on your Mac is through the Settings Menu.
1. Click on the Apple icon from the top Menu bar on your Mac and then click on System Preferences in the drop-down menu (See image below)
2. On the System Preferences screen click on Dock (See image below)
3. On the Dock Preferences screen use the slider beside the option Size to make your dock either bigger or smaller.
To make the dock smaller move the slider to your left and to make the dock bigger move the slider to your right.
Another Way of Resizing The Dock On Your Mac
There is another way of resizing the Dock, right from the Dock itself.
1. Right-click on the Dock Divider Line and then click on Dock Preferences option in the little Menu that pops up.
2. On the Dock Preferences screen, you can resize the Dock by using the slider beside the option Size. Move the sider to the left to make the Dock Smaller and if you want to make the Dock Larger, move the slider to the right.