If the Battery Icon is missing from taskbar, You won’t be able to see how much battery is left on your Laptop. Luckily, this problem is easy to fix and you will find below the steps to Restore Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10.
Restore Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10
The most common reason for the Missing Battery Icon is due to display of Battery Icon on the Taskbar being accidentally disabled.
The battery icon can also go missing due to minor technical glitches on your computer and this can be fixed by scanning your computer for Hardware changes and other methods as provided below.
1. Restore Missing Battery Icon Using Settings
Follow the steps below to Restore Missing Battery Icon using Settings.
1. Click on Start button and then click on the Settings icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on Personalization.
3. On the Personalization screen, click on Taskbar in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Turn system icons on or off link.
4. On the next screen, make sure that the option for Power is set to ON position.
Once this is done, take a look at the bottom right corner of your screen. You should be able to see the Power Icon back on the Taskbar.
2. Scan For Hardware Changes
Sometimes the case of Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10 is due to the Operating System on your computer detecting a change in Hardware or Hardware Settings.
1. Right-click on Start button and then click on Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager screen, click on the Action tab in top menu and then click on Scan for Hardware changes option in the Action menu.
3. Now, check the Notification Area in the Taskbar and see if the Battery Icon is now visible.
3. Disable Microsoft Drivers and Enable Them Back Again
Follow the steps below to first disable Microsoft Drivers on your Windows 10 laptop and Enable them back again.
1. Right-click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager screen, expand the Batteries section.
3. First, right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Devices and click on Disable.
4. Next, right-click on Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Devices and click on Enable.
5. Restart your computer and see if the battery icon is now visible in the Notification Area of the Taskbar.
4. Restart Windows Explorer
Some users have reported fixing the problem of Missing Battery Icon in Windows 10 by closing Windows Explorer service and restarting it back again.
1. Right-click on Start button and then click on Task Manager in the menu that appears.
2. On the Task Manger screen, right-click on Windows Explorer and click on Restart option in the contextual menu that appears.
Hopefully, one of these methods should help you Restore the Missing Battery Icon on your Laptop.