Sometimes the “Compressed (Zipped) Folder” option can go missing from the right-click “Send To” menu in Windows 10. You will find below the steps to restore Missing Compressed Zip Folder Option in Windows 10.
Restore Missing Compressed Zip Folder Option in Windows 10
The in-built Compressed (zipped) Folder option in Windows 10 allows you to compress the size of files on your computer without using any third party tools.
All that is required to convert a regular File/Folder into its compressed or zipped form is to right-click on the File/Folder > click on Send to > Compressed (zipped) Folder option.
If Compressed (Zipped) Folder option is missing from the “Send To” menu on your computer, you should be able to recover the missing Compressed Zip Folder option in Windows 10 by using any of these methods.
- Delete Bluetooth Folder in SendTo Folder
- Copy Compressed Zip Folder Shortcut From Default User Profile.
1. Delete Bluetooth Folder in SendTo Folder
1. Right-click on Start button and click on File Explorer option.
2. In the File Explorer screen, click on the View tab and select “Hidden Items” option to show hidden files and folders on your computer.
3. Next, navigate to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo Folder and delete Bluetooth Device File (See image below).
4. After deleting “Bluetooth device: File, restart your computer and see if the “Compressed ZIP Folder” option is now available on your computer.
Note: This method may not work if the “Compressed ZIP Folder” shortcut in your User Profile is missing or it has become corrupted. In such a case, you will have to use the second method as provided below.
2. Copy Compressed ZIP Folder Shortcut From User Profile
Sometimes, the Compressed Zip Folder Shortcut gets deleted from the User Profile or it gets corrupted. In such case, you can copy the “Compressed Zip Folder” shortcut from the Default User Profile in Windows 10 to your Personal User Profile.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on File Explorer option.
2. In the File Explorer screen, click on the View tab and check “Hidden Items” option, in order to make your computer display hidden files and folders.
3. Navigate to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and copy Compressed (zipped) Folder item.
4. Now, navigate to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo and paste the shortcut that you had copied by right-clicking in the SendTo Folder and clicking on Paste.
This fix works immediately, you should be able to right-click on any File/Folder and you will find the Compressed ZIP Folder option.