Setting up a sleep timer on iPhone or iPad can be helpful to those who like to fall asleep while listening to music, audio books, or motivational audio recordings. Using the steps below, you can set the timer on your device to kick in after a fixed period of time and stop playing Music or the audio that you are listening to.
Sleep Timer on iPhone
In case you are expecting the sleep timer on your iPhone or iPad to be within the Music app or the iBook app, you won’t find anything of that sort in those apps. Instead, you need to go to your Clock app and use the timer function in clock app to set up a sleep timer for your music app.
Set Sleep Timer on iPhone For Music
1. Tap on the Music app on your iPhone or iPad and start playing your favorite music that you listen to before going to sleep.
2. Now, open the Clock app on your iPhone
3. Next, tap on Timer – You will find this located at the bottom of your screen.
4. On the timer screen, select the number of Minutes that you want the Music to play (or choose hours in case you prefer to).
5. Next, Tap on When the Timer Ends (See image below)
6. On the next screen, scroll all the way down and tap on Stop Playing (See image below).
This will make your iPhone stop playing music exactly at the time that you have set up on the timer.
7. Tap on Set from the top right corner of your screen (See image above)
8. Now, tap on the Start button to start the timer (See image below)
Note: The steps as listed above work perfectly well with your iPhone’s Music app. However, these may or may not work with other third party apps and services. Make sure that you test these steps with other apps, before trusting the timer function to work with third party apps.