In case you are using the Windows 10 Creators Update, you must have noticed those persistent “Setup OneDrive” Popups on your computer. You will find below the steps to stop “Setup OneDrive” Popup on your computer, in case you find them annoying.
Stop Setup OneDrive Popup in Windows 10
OneDrive ranks as one of the leading Cloud Storage Services along with Google Drive, Dropbox and other leading Cloud Storage providers.
Hence, Windows 10 prompting you to Setup OneDrive should not bother you, especially considering the fact that you stand to gain 5 GB of free Cloud storage once you sign-in to OneDrive using your email address and password.
However, it is not too hard to imagine that repeated popups prompting you to “Setup OneDrive” can be annoying for those users who do not use OneDrive and have no future plans of using OneDrive.
Luckily, it is really easy to prevent Setup OneDrive Popup on your Windows 10 computer and you will find below the steps to do this.
Stop OneDrive From Starting Automatically
One easy way of stopping “Setup OneDrive” popup on your Windows 10 computer is to stop OneDrive from starting automatically on your computer.
1. Click on the App Tray icon (1) located in the Taskbar of your computer and then right-click on OneDrive App icon (2). Next, click on the Settings (3) option in the contextual menu that appears (See image below).
2. On the next screen, uncheck the option “Start OneDrive automatically” when I Sign in to Windows” (See image below)
3. Click on OK to save this setting for OneDrive App on your computer.
4. Next, click on the App Tray (1) Icon again, right-click on the OneDrive Icon (2) and then click on the Exit (3) option in the contextual menu.
After this, OneDrive will not be starting automatically on your computer and you will not see the “Setup OneDrive” popup, as long as you do not launch the OneDrive app on your computer.
Uninstall OneDrive From Your Computer
If you really do not want to use OneDrive, the best way to prevent Setup OneDrive Popup in Windows 10 is to simply uninstall the OneDrive App from your computer.
1. Click on Windows 10 Start button and then click on the Settings Icon.
2. On the Settings screen, click on the Apps tab (see image below).
3. On the next screen, click on Apps & Features in the side-menu and then search for OneDrive by typing OneDrive in the search bar. You should see Microsoft OneDrive coming up as a search result (See image below)
4. Click on Microsoft OneDrive to expand its entry, and then click on the Uninstall option (See image above).
5. You will see a pop-up, informing you that OneDrive App and all its related info will be uninstalled. Click on the Uninstall button to begin the process of Uninstalling OneDrive from your Windows 10 computer.
Getting Back OneDrive
In case you change your mind and want to make use of the free 5 GB OneDrive storage, you can Download and Install OneDrive on your Windows 10 Computer from any of the following two sources.
1. Download and Install the OneDrive Desktop Program, this will replace the OneDrive application that you had deleted from your computer.
2. Download and Install the OneDrive App as available at Microsoft Windows Store. This version of OneDrive is better suited for touch enabled devices.