If Spotify is not your go to morning app, you can find below multiple ways to prevent Spotify from opening at startup on your Windows 11/10 computer.
Stop Spotify From Opening at Startup in Windows 11
Similar to Skype, OneDrive and other Apps, the default behavior in Spotify is to automatically startup with the computer and continue running in background.
The reason for this default setup in Spotify is to make the app ready and available for use, as soon as the user gets access to the computer and wants to listen to music or podcast.
However, even if you do not use Spotify, it will still remain active in the background, unecessarily using up resources on your computer.
Hence, we are providing below different ways to prevent Spotify from opening at startup on your Windows 11/10 computer and unnecessarily draining RAM and CPU on your computer.
1. Stop Spotify from Opening at Startup Using Task Manager
An easy way to prevent Spotify from opening at startup is by going to Task Manager on your Windows 11/10 computer.
1. Right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager in the right-click menu.
2. On the Task Manager screen, switch to Startup tab > right-click on Spotify and select the Disable option.
After this, you should no longer find Spotify Starting up with the computer and using up resources by running in background.
2. Remove Spotify from Startup Using Settings
Windows operating system provides the option to enable and disable Startup Apps on your computer.
1. Go to Settings > select Apps in the left-pane and click on Startup in the right-pane.
2. On the Startup screen, move the toggle next to Spotify to OFF position.
After this, you should no longer find the Spotify App starting up automatically with your computer.
3. Disable Spotify Auto-Start Using Spotify Settings
Spotify itself provides the option to disable Auto-Start in its Settings menu.
1. Open Spotify > click on your Account Icon and select Settings in the drop-down menu.
3. On the next screen, scroll down to “Startup and windows behavior” section and select the No option for Open Spotify Automatically after you log into the computer entry.
Note: On the same screen, you may find “Allow Spotify to be opened from the web” option. You can disable this option to prevent Spotify opening from web pages.
After this, you should no longer find Spotify starting up automatically with the computer and running in the background or starting from a web page.
4. Stop Spotify from Opening at Startup Using Preferences
If the option to disable Auto-start is not available in the Settings menu, you will have to enable Show Advanced Settings option by going to Spotify Preferences Menu.
1. Open Spotify > click on 3-dots menu > select Edit > Preferences.
2. On the Preferences screen, scroll down to bottom and click on Show Advanced Settings option.
3. On the next screen, scroll down to “Startup and Windows Behavior” section and select the No option for Open Spotify Automatically after you log into the computer entry
Note: Also, move the toggle next to Allow Spotify to be opened from the web to OFF position (If available).