Sometimes the touchscreen on a Windows computer can stop responding, without having suffered any physical damage. You will find below the steps to fix the problem of Touchscreen not working in Windows 10.
Touchscreen Not Working in Windows 10
If the Touchscreen has suddenly stopped working on your computer, take a good look at the screen and make sure that it has not suffered any kind of physical abuse or damage.
Next, try using your Keyboard, Mouse or the Trackpad, to make sure that your computer is working. If the Keyboard or Mouse is not responding, it is possible that your computer is stuck.
Shut down the computer by pressing the Power button, wait for about 60 seconds and restart your computer.
When the computer restarts, you may find the Touchscreen back to its normal working condition.
If the Touchscreen is still not working, use the mouse and keyboard to follow the methods as provided below to fix the problem of Touchscreen not working in Windows 10.
1. Disable/Enable Human Interface Devices
Follow the steps below to Disable/Enable the Touchscreen Drives on your computer.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager.
2. On the Device Manager screen, expand Human Interface Devices entry > right-click on HID-compliant touchscreen and click on Disable Device.
Note: If you find multiple HID-compliant touchscreen entries, repeat the above step and disable all of them.
3. Restart the computer.
4. After the computer restarts, go to Device Manager > expand Human Interface Devices > Right-click on HID-Compliant touchscreen and click on Enable Device option.
Note: Repeat the above step for all HID-compliant touchscreen entries (if any).
5. Restart your computer for the changes to be implemented.
After the computer restarts, check to see if the Touchscreen is now working.
2. Check For Updates
If the above method did not help, it is possible that your computer does not have the latest software updates.
1. Open Settings on your computer and click on Update and Security tab.
2. On the next screen, click on Windows Update in the left pane. In the right-pane, click on Check for updates button.
3. Download and Install Updates (if available).
3. Configure Touchscreen
Follow the steps below to configure the screen on your laptop as a Touchscreen.
1. Open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input option on your computer.
2. On the pop-up that appears, click on the Display tab and click on Setup.
3. On the next pop-up, click on Touch Input option.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to identify the screen on your computer as a Touchscreen
After completing these steps, check to see if the Touchscreen is now working on your computer.
4. Adjust Power Management Settings for Touchscreen
The problem of Touchscreen not working on your computer might be related to the power saving settings on your computer.
1. Open Device Manager on your computer
2. On the Device Manager screen, expand Human Interface Devices entry > Right-click on HID-Compliant touchscreen and click on Properties.
3. On the next screen, click on the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
4. Click on OK to save this setting.
Restart your computer and see if the Touchscreen is now working.
6. Reset Your Computer
If above methods did not help, you can follow the steps provided in this guide to Reset Windows 10: How to Reset Windows 10.
7. Perform System Restore
If you had created a System Restore point on your computer, you can try to Restore your computer using system restore.