There are tons of Android apps and it is natural to be tempted to buy apps on Google Play, but only to regret the decision later on. In this post we will show you a way to try paid Android Apps before actually buying them, so that you do not suffer from a buyer’s remorse later on.
Try Paid Android Apps For Free
Although it was rumored on technology blogs, Google is yet to introduce the “Try an App” feature on Google Play Store. However, there is still a way to try Android Apps and return them back for a full refund in case you are not really happy with your purchase.
1. Download Paid Android App
Visit Google Play and download the paid app that you believe is interesting and appears useful.
In case you are wondering, this step does require you to buy the App. It is only after you make a purchase that a paid app can be downloaded to your device.
2. Try the Android App
With the paid Android App downloaded and installed on your device, launch the App and take it to a test drive for the next 60 to 90 minutes.
Earlier you had only 15 minutes to try an app on Google Play store, now you can expect to get a full refund within 2 hours of your purchase.
You will agree that it does not take that long to try an app, you should be able to get a fairly good idea about whether or not the app is useful within 30 – 60 minutes of trying it out.
In case you find the App useful, you can keep it. If not, you need to follow the next steps below to initiate a refund for the purchased app.
3. Get Full Refund For the Android App
1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device
2. Tap on the 3 line Menu icon, then tap on My Account
3. Scroll down to Order History and find the app that you would like to return.
4. Tap on Refund to complete your refund and uninstall the app.
5. Next, you’ll be asked to provide a reason for removing the app. You may provide a reason in case you have a good one or Simply check mark the option “I’d rather not say” to initiate the process of getting a full refund for your recent app purchase.
Google will confirm the cancellation by sending you a confirmation email stating that your order was cancelled and you have not been charged.
Note: It is important to remember that the option to get a full refund for the app will only be available within the first 2 hours of your purchase. After 2 hours you will be required to contact the developer of the app and see if you can get a refund from there.
Also, you can only return an app or game for a refund once. You won’t be able to get a refund in case you buy the app again and try to return it.
Disclaimer: The 2 hour return period for a full refund is based on information available from Google Play Store. You may visit Google Play Store at this link to reconfirm this information and to see if the 2 hour return period for a full refund is still valid.