The problem of WhatsApp Photos not showing in Gallery on Android Phone is mostly related to WhatsApp Media visibility being disabled in the Photo Gallery on your Android Phone.
WhatsApp Photos Not Showing in Gallery
WhatsApp automatically downloads and saves photos from WhatsApp Chats to the Photo Gallery on your Android Phone.
This ensures that you have a copy of all the received WhatsApp photos on your device and you will be able to access these Photos, even if the Chats containing the photos are deleted.
If you are unable to see received or downloaded WhatsApp Photos, the problem can be easily fixed by enabling the option to show downloaded WhatsApp Media in Gallery.
To show Sent WhatsApp Photos in Gallery, you will have to modify ‘WhatsApp Sent’ Media Folder on your device.
1. Received WhatsApp Photos Not Showing in Gallery
Follow the steps below to show the problem of Received WhatsApp Photos not showing in Gallery.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android Phone and tap on 3-dots menu icon located at the top-right corner of your screen.
2. From the drop-down, tap on the Settings option.
3. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on Chats option.
4. On the Chats screen, move the slider next to Media Visibility to ON position.
5. Restart your Android Phone.
After this, you will find WhatsApp Photos in Chats being automatically downloaded and saved to the Photo Gallery on your Android Phone.
2. Sent WhatsApp Photos Not Showing in Gallery
Follow the steps below, to show sent WhatsApp photos in the Photo Galley on your Android Phone.
1. Open the File Explorer App on your Android Phone.
Note: File Explorer App should be available under Tools > My Files. If this App is not available, you can download ‘ES File Explorer’ from Google Play Store.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Device Storage.
3. On Device Storage screen, tap on WhatsApp.
4. In WhatsApp Folder, tap on the Media Folder.
5. On the next screen, tap on WhatsApp Images Folder.
6. In WhatsApp Images, tap on the Sent Folder.
7. Once you are in Sent Folder, tap on the More option located at the top-right corner and select the Edit option in the menu that appears.
8. Scroll down to bottom, select .nomedia file and tap on the Delete option.
Now, if you open the Photos Gallery, you should be able to see sent WhatsApp Photos.