The problem of WhatsApp Photos not showing in Gallery is usually related to Media Visibility option not being enabled for WhatsApp Photos on your Android Phone.
WhatsApp Photos Not Showing in Gallery
The default option in WhatsApp is to automatically download photos and save them to the Photo Gallery on your Android Device.
This setting ensures that a copy of all received WhatsApp photos is saved on your Android Phone and remains available on your device, even if original Chats containing the photos are deleted.
If Received WhatsApp Photos are not appearing in Gallery, the problem can be fixed by enabling the option to show Downloaded Photos in Photo Gallery.
The problem of sent WhatsApp Photos not showing in Photo Gallery can be fixed by modifying ‘WhatsApp Sent’ Media Folder on your Android Phone.
1. Received WhatsApp Photos Not Appearing in Gallery
Follow the steps below to fix the problem of received WhatsApp Media not appearing in Photo Gallery on your Android Phone.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap on 3-dots menu icon and select Settings option in the drop-down.
2. On WhatsApp Settings screen, tap on the Chats option.
3. On the Chats screen, move the slider next to Media Visibility to ON position.
4. Restart your Phone to implement this change.
After this, you should be able to see all Received WhatsApp Photos in the Photo Gallery on your Android Phone.
2. Sent WhatsApp Photos Not Appearing in Gallery
Follow the steps below to fix the problem of sent WhatsApp Media not appearing in Photo Galley on your Android Phone.
1. Open the File Explorer App on your Android Phone.
Note: File Explorer App should be available under Tools > My Files. If this App is not available, you can download ES File Explorer App from Google Play Store.
2. On the next screen, scroll down and tap on Device Storage.
3. From Device Storage screen, navigate to WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images > open Sent Folder.
4. In Sent Folder, tap on More (or 3-dots icon) and select the Edit option in drop-down menu.
5. On the next screen, scroll down to bottom > select .nomedia file and tap on the Delete option.
Now, if you open the Photos App on your phone, you should be able to see sent WhatsApp Photos.