Microsoft Edge is the default browser in Windows 10. However, if you prefer using the familiar Internet Explorer browser, then you can use the steps provided below to Open and Use Internet Explorer browser on your Windows 10 Computer.
Open Internet Explorer in Windows 10
With the release of Windows 10, Microsoft wants computer users to get used to its new Microsoft Edge Browser. Hence, the reason for Windows 10 computers shipping with Microsoft Edge as the default browser or Microsoft Edge automatically setting itself as the default browser, whenever you Install or upgrade to Windows 10.
Although “Edge” is the default browser in Windows 10, Microsoft hasn’t yet done away with Internet Explorer on Windows 10 Computers. Internet Explorer is pretty much available on your Windows 10 Computer and you can still use it for all practical purposes.
All that is required to open Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 Computer is to simply search for Internet Explorer and pin it to the Taskbar.
We have listed below multiple ways to Find and Open Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 computer. You can make use of any of the following methods to open Internet Explorer on your Computer.
Open Internet Explorer Using the Search Bar
1. Click anywhere within the Windows 10 search bar and start typing Internet Explorer (See image below).
2. Next, click on Internet Explorer (Desktop app) as it comes up in the search results (See image above).
3. You will see Internet Explorer browser opening its home page on your computer. Most likely, you might see it opening with its default MSN Homepage.
Open Internet Explorer Using Run Command
1. Press the Windows + R key to open the Run command. You can also open the Run Command by right clicking on the Windows 10 Start button and clicking on Run from the menu that pops up.
2. You will see a Run Command dialogue box, type iexplore in the dialogue box and click on OK (See image below).
3. Once you click on OK, you will find Internet Explorer opening its Home Page (MSN) on your computer.
Open Internet Explorer From Windows Accessories
You will be surprised to know that Internet Explorer is hidden in Windows Accessories section of Windows 10 and you can easily locate and open Internet Explorer by following the steps below.
1. Click on Windows 10 Start button to open the sidebar Menu.
2. Scroll down the list of apps till you find Windows Accessories Folder and click on it.
3. Next, click on Internet Explorer to open your favorite browser in a new window.
Open Internet Explorer Using Cortana
In case you have set up Hey Cortana, you can ask your digital assistant to open Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 Computer by saying, “Hey Cortana Open Internet Explorer”
PIN Internet Explorer to Task Bar in Windows 10
You can Pin Internet Explorer to the Taskbar on your Windows 10 computer by using the steps below. This will make it easy to access Internet Explorer, whenever you want to use it.
1. Start typing Internet Explorer in the Windows 10 search bar. You will immediately see Internet Explorer coming up at the top of the Search results (See image below).
2. Right click on Internet Explorer and then click on Pin to Task bar (See image below).
This will PIN the Internet Explorer icon to the Taskbar of your Windows 10 Computer, making it easy to locate and access IE browser on your Computer (See image below).
Install Internet Explorer on Windows 10
In some cases, you may not be able to find Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 computer. In such cases, you can Install Internet Explorer from the Programs and Features section of your Windows 10 computer.
1. Right click on Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
2. On the Control Panel screen, make sure you are in the “Large icons” view and click on Programs and Features (See image below)
3. On the next screen, click on Turn Windows Features On or Off Link (See image below).
4. On the next screen, scroll down to Internet Explorer and click on the little box next to it (See image below).
5. Next, click on OK to start the process of Installing Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 Computer.
Once Internet Explorer is installed on your computer, you can pin IE to the taskbar, so that you can easily access and use the Internet Explorer Browser on your Windows 10 Computer.