WhatsApp is basically a mobile application which requires its users to have a Mobile Phone with an active Phone Number in order to setup WhatsApp and use its Messaging system. In this article, let us take a look at How to Use WhatsApp on PC or Mac without using a Mobile Phone.
Use WhatsApp on PC Without Mobile Phone
There are multiple ways to use WhatsApp on PC or Mac, each with its own advantages and disadvantages as listed below.
1. Android SDK: Installing and setting up Android SDK takes time and uses a good amount of resources on your PC.
2. Use Android Emulators: Android Emulators like “BlueStacks” or “Andy” create an Android like environment on your PC, allowing you to run Android Apps, including WhatsApp.
3. Third Party Software: There are some third party programs that are designed to run WhatsApp on PC. However, we are unable to recommend any of them as we haven’t tried any of these programs.
4. WhatsApp Web: Using the Desktop or Web version of WhatsApp is the official way to Use WhatsApp on PC or Mac. However, this method still requires you to have a smartphone with an active WhatsApp Account running on it.
In general, WhatsApp Web is not an independent or stand-alone application, it only manages to duplicate or Mirror your WhatsApp Account on Smartphone onto the larger screen of your PC or Mac.
Hence, in this article we will be making use of an Android Emulator called BlueStacks to run WhatsApp on your PC or Mac, without having to use a Mobile Phone.
Use WhatsApp On PC Using BlueStacks
As mentioned above, we will be first creating a mobile phone like environment on your PC to run Android Apps by downloading and installing an Android Emulator called BlueStacks. After, this you will be able to download and use any Android App on your PC, including WhatsApp.
1. Open the web browser on your Computer and go to bluestacks.com.
2. Next, click on Download BlueStacks button and let BlueStacks application be downloaded and installed on your computer.
3. After BlueStacks is downloaded, Install the application on your computer by clicking on the downloaded file twice.
4. Follow the Instructions to complete the installation of BlueStacks Application on your PC or Mac.
5. Once BlueStacks has been installed on your computer, open the application by double clicking on the Desktop Shortcut
6. After opening BlueStacks, you should be able to see WhatsApp on the list of popular Apps as listed by BlueStacks. If not, you can search for WhatsApp by typing in the BlueStacks Search bar.
7. Once you are able to find WhatsApp, click on the Install button to download and Install WhatsApp on your Computer.
8. After WhatsApp is downloaded and Installed on your computer, open WhatsApp by clicking on the WhatsApp icon on your computer.
9. Next, WhatsApp will prompt you to enter your Phone number so that you can receive a verification code from WhatsApp. Enter your Home Phone Number since you do not have a Mobile Phone Number.
10. Once you enter the phone number you will see a verification failed message on your computer. Just click on the Call ME option.
11. You will get an Automated Message From WhatsApp on your Home Phone Number. Listen to the Message and note down the Verification Code.
12. Enter the Verification Code in the pop-up on your computer (See image below).
After entering the verification code, you will see your WhatsApp Account on your computer. You can start a Chat with any of your Contacts to see if you were successful in getting WhatsApp on your Computer without using a Mobile Phone.