In this tutorial, we providing two different methods to Install WhatsApp on Android Tablet, so that you can use WhatsApp on Android Tablet, just like you do on your Android Phone.
Use WhatsApp on Android Tablet
The easiest way to Get WhatsApp on Android Tablet is to make use of a workaround to get the Web Version of WhatsApp (WhatsApp Web) working on your Android Tablet.
The drawback of this method is that you will still require an Android Phone or iPhone with an active WhatsApp Account installed on it.
The second method as provided below actually Installs WhatsApp on your Android Tablet by using WhatsApp APK Files, downloaded from the official WhatsApp download site.
Since this method actually installs WhatsApp on Android Tablet, you will be able to use WhatsApp on your Android Tablet, even if you do not have WhatsApp on your smartphone.
1. Get WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using WhatsApp Web
If you already have an active WhatsApp Account on your iPhone or Android Phone, you can use this simple workaround to Use WhatsApp on the larger screen of your Android Tablet.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android Tablet.
2. Type web.whatsapp.com in the search bar and tap on Go.
3. Since, you are visiting the website from a mobile device, you will be redirected to the mobile version of WhatsApp (whatsapp.com).
4. To access the Desktop Version of WhatsApp, tap on 3-dots menu icon and then tap on Desktop Site option in the drop-down menu.
This will refresh the page and you will be redirected to web.whatsapp.com, where you will see a QR Code on the screen of your Android Tablet.
5. Now, open WhatsApp on your Android Phone, tap on 3-dots Menu icon > WhatsApp Web.
In case of iPhone, tap on Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
6. On the next screen, tap on OK. Got it and use the Rear Camera of your Phone to scan the QR Code displayed on the screen of your Android Tablet.
7. Once the QR Code is scanned, you will immediately see all your WhatsApp Messages appearing on the screen of your Android Tablet.
Now, you can enjoy almost the full functionality of WhatsApp on the bigger screen of your Android Tablet. You can send and receive WhatsApp Messages from Tablet, just like you do on your Smartphone.
2. Install WhatsApp on Android Tablet Using APK File
This method Installs WhatsApp directly on your Android Tablet and you will be able activate and use WhatsApp on Android Tablet, without having a WhatsApp Account on your Phone.
Since, you will be installing APK Files from WhatsApp’s official website and not from Google Play Store, you will have to first enable installation of Apps from Unknown Sources option on your device.
1. Open Settings on your Android Tablet > scroll down and tap on Security.
2. On the Security screen, scroll down and toggle ON the option for Unknown Sources located under “Device Administration” section.
3. You will see warning message, tap on OK.
4. Now, open Chrome browser on your Android Tablet and visit www.whatsapp.com/android/. Once the page loads, click on Download Now button.
5. You may see a warning reading “This type of file can harm your device”, tap on OK to download whatsapp.apk File to your Android Tablet.
6. Once the APK file is downloaded, tap on 3-dot Chrome icon > Downloads option in the dropdown menu.
7. On the downloads screen, locate WhatsApp.apk file and tap on it.
8. You may have to tap on Next to complete the installation. Once the App is installed, you can either tap on Done or Open to open WhatsApp on your Android Tablet.
Now that you have Installed WhatsApp on Android Tablet, the next step is to open WhatsApp and follow the instructions to Setup your WhatsApp Account on Android Tablet.
Setup & Activate WhatsApp on Android Tablet
In order to complete the setup process of WhatsApp on Android Tablet, you will be required to provide WhatsApp with a Mobile Phone Number, so that WhatsApp can send you a confirmation SMS.
If you do not have a Mobile Phone Number, you can follow the instructions in this guide: How to Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM.
If you do have a Mobile Phone Number, you can follow the steps below to Setup WhatsApp on Android Tablet.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android Tablet by tapping on WhatsApp Icon.
2. On the Welcome screen, tap on Agree & Continue. On the next screen, enter your Country, Phone Number and tap on Next.
3. Next, you will see “SMS Verification Failed” Message, tap on CALL ME to receive an automated phone call from WhatsApp.
Note down the verification code sent by WhatsApp for use in the next step.
5. On the next screen, verify your Phone Number by entering the Verification Code as provided by WhatsApp.
Once your Phone Number is verified, WhatsApp will become active and you will be able to Use WhatsApp on your Android Tablet.
Send a Message to one of your Contacts on WhatsApp, in order to check and make sure that WhatsApp Messaging system is working properly on your Android Tablet.