The default option in the Safari browser on iPhone is to open the mobile version of all websites, including Facebook. However, you can still Access the Desktop Version of Facebook on iPhone using a workaround as provided below.
Access Facebook Desktop Site on iPhone and iPad
In general, most users Access Facebook on iPhone and iPad by launching the Facebook App, which always loads the Mobile Version of Facebook.
While the Mobile version of Facebook is fast and allows you to use most social media features of Facebook, it does not provide access to certain features and settings, which are only available in the desktop version of Facebook.
Hence, we are providing below 3 different ways to Get Desktop version of Facebook on iPhone and iPad.
1. Type URL to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone
If you are already on Facebook (via Facebook App), you should be able to go to Desktop version of Facebook by typing the exact URL of Facebook Desktop Login page in Facebook search.
1. Open the Facebook App on your iPhone and this will take you to the mobile version Facebook (m.facebook.com).
2. Once you are on Facebook mobile site, tap on the Search icon located at top-right corner.
3. On the next screen, type https://www.facebook.com/login.php in the search bar and tap on the Go button.
This should take you to the Full Desktop Version of Facebook. If this does not work, you can try other methods as provided below.
2. Open Facebook Desktop Version Using Safari Browser
The Safari browser on iPhone/iPad provides the option to request desktop version of any website.
1. Open Safari browser on your iPhone and visit www.facebook.com.
2. Once you are on Facebook, tap on AA icon in the URL and select Request Desktop Website option in the drop-down menu.
3. This will take you to the desktop version of Facebook, which will appear minimized and hard to read.
You can fix this issue by switching iPhone to Landscape mode, which should provide a good view of the website and allow you to login to Facebook Desktop site.
3. Open Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Chrome Browser
If you are using Google Chrome Browser, you can access the Full Desktop Version of Facebook using Request Desktop option as available in Google Chrome browser.
1. Open Chrome browser on your iPhone > type Facebook.com in the search bar and tap on the Go button. This will take you to the mobile version of Facebook (m.facebook.com).
2. Once you land on mobile version of Facebook, tap on 3-dots icon located at top-right corner and select Desktop Site option in the drop-down menu.
3. This will immediately take you to Facebook Login Page on the desktop version of Facebook (facebook.com)
As you can notice, the desktop version of Facebook appears small and hard to read. You can fix this issue by switching your iPhone to Landscape mode.
After switching to Landscape mode, you should be able to Sign-in to your Facebook Account and enjoy the full functionality of Facebook, as available in the Desktop Version of Facebook.