By default, your iPhone or iPad will always display the mobile version of Facebook, even if you try to access Facebook using Safari or Chrome browser. However, it is still possible to access the Full Desktop Version of Facebook on iPhone or iPad.
Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone and iPad
In an ideal world a website should look the same on all devices. However, this is not always the case and many popular websites look different and offer different functionalities on mobile and desktop versions.
While the mobile version of Facebook is optimized for mobile devices and looks better on mobile phone or tablet, some users want to use the Desktop version of Facebook on iPhone or iPad, in order to access the full functionality of Facebook.
Hence, we are providing below 3 different ways to Access the Full Desktop version of Facebook on iPhone and iPad.
1. Type URL to Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone
Here is an easy way to access Facebook Desktop version on iPhone or iPad by typing a URL Address in the web browser.
1. Open Facebook on your iPhone. You will be landing on the mobile version (m.facebook.com)
2. Once you are logged in to Facebook, type https://www.facebook.com/login.php in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
3. You will be landing on the Full desktop version of Facebook on your iPhone.
2. Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Safari Browser
The Share option in Safari browser provides an option to request Desktop version of websites. You can make use of this feature in Safari to Access Facebook Desktop version on iPhone.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone and go to facebook.com.
2. Since you are using a Mobile Device, you will be redirected to the mobile version of Facebook.
3. Login to your Facebook Account and then tap on the Share button located in the bottom menu.
4. On the Share menu that appears, tap on Request Desktop Site. This will take you to the Desktop version of Facebook on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Access Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone Using Chrome Browser
In case you are using Google Chrome Browser on iPhone, you can access the Full Desktop Version of Facebook using the following steps.
1. Open Chrome Browser on iPhone.
2. Visit Facebook.com.
3. Next, tap on the 3-dots menu icon located at the top right corner of your screen and then tap on Request Desktop Site option in the drop-down menu.