Here is how you can block websites on iPhone or iPad and prevent the chances of your children being exposed to in-appropriate content.
Block Websites on iPhone and iPad
As you may agree, it is not always possible to prevent children from getting hold of an iPhone or iPad to play games and watch videos.
However, the problem with this is the possibility of children being exposed to inappropriate content, especially if they are not supervised and left on their own to play with mobile devices.
Hence, iPhone provides the option to block Adult content and also the option to make only a limited number of child friendly websites accessible on your mobile device.
1. Steps to Block Adult Content on iPhone and iPad
Follow the steps below to block Adult Content on iPhone/iPad and prevent children from being accidentally exposed to age in-inappropriate content.
1. Open Settings > Go to Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and tap on Content Restrictions.
Note: Make sure the toggle next to Content & Privacy Restrictions is set to ON position.
2. On Content Restrictions screen, tap on Web Content.
3. On the next screen, select Limit Adult Websites option.
This will totally prevent any adult content being accessed on your iPhone.
2. Limit iPhone or iPad to Specific Websites
Another effective way of making an iPhone or iPad totally kid friendly is to allow only limited number of specific kid friendly websites accessible on your mobile device.
1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Web Content
2. On the next screen, select Allowed Websites only option.
After this, only the websites listed under “Only Allow These Websites” section will be accessible on your iPhone or iPad and all other websites will be blocked.
If required, you can Add more websites to allowed list by scrolling down and tapping on Add Website link.
On the next screen, type the Name and URL of the website that you want to Add.
This setting is very effective in making sure that your children are not exposed to adult content and they spend their time on useful websites that are allowed on your device.
Note: If any website has Desktop and Mobile versions with a different URL, you need to block both versions of the website.