Whenever you come across a website that appears limited in its Mobile Version, then you can easily request the Desktop version of that website on your iPhone or iPad.
Request Desktop Version of Website on iPhone or iPad
With a growing number of mobile devices and users, many web sites are quickly focusing on making the mobile version of their website very similar to the desktop version.
However, if you still come across websites that appear to be limited in their mobile version, you can easily request a Desktop Version of such websites by using the steps as listed below in this article.
Request Desktop Version Feature Does Not Work For All Websites
While requesting the desktop version of a website on your iPhone or iPad, you may come across some websites that will continue to stay in their mobile version.
This happens because the mobile version of such websites is triggered by the screen width of your device. Hence, for such websites, even if you request the desktop version, the website will still stay in its mobile version because of your screen’s width.
Strangely, this does not happen on Android phones and tablets. Whenever users request a desktop version of a website on Android devices, the desktop version is promptly displayed, despite the screen size being smaller than the desktop size.
Request Desktop Version Of Website On iPhone in Safari
Requesting Desktop Site in Safari is really easy and in fact Safari features 2 ways to request desktop site on your iPhone.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone
2. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for (let us say you want Techbout.com)
3. Next, tap and hold on the Refresh icon located at the right corner of the Safari search bar (See image below).
4. Next you will see a popup, tap on Request Desktop Site option.
Alternatively, you can also use the method below to request desktop version of websites in Safari.
1. Open up Safari on your iPhone and visit a website that you wish to see in desktop version
2. Tap on the Share icon, located in the bottom menu.
3. From the list of options, tap on Request Desktop Site.
Request Desktop Version of Website On iPhone in Chrome
The feature to request desktop site has been around for a long time in the Chrome browser for iPhone.
1. Open up the Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad
2. Visit the website that you want to request the desktop version for.
3. After the website opens in your browser, tap on the 3 dot Chrome icon located at the top right corner of your screen.
4. From the drop-down menu, tap on Request Desktop Site (See image above).