The problem of Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10 can be fixed in many cases by updating device drivers and re-starting Bluetooth related System Services.
Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10
Some users have reported the problem of Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10, after installing a Windows Update on their computers.
When this happens, Bluetooth devices like Mouse, Wireless Keyboards, Headphones, Speakers and other Bluetooth devices won’t be working on your computer.
You will find below some of the solutions that other users have tried to fix the problem of Bluetooth Not Working in Windows 10.
1. Disable Airplane Mode
If you were recently traveling, you may have switched ON the Airplane mode on your computer and forgotten about it.
1. Open Settings > click on Network & Internet icon.
2. On the next screen, select Airplane Mode in the left-pane. In the right-pane, make sure Airplane Mode is turned OFF and Bluetooth is turned ON.
2. Update Bluetooth Drivers
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager.
2. On Device Manger Screen, right-click on Bluetooth Adapter and click on Update Driver option.
3. On the next screen, click on Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software option.
Windows 10 will automatically search for drivers and install them on your computer.
3. Check Status of Bluetooth Services
Sometimes, the System Services required for proper functioning of Bluetooth devices can get disabled.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on the Run. Alternately, you can press Windows + R Keys to open Run command dialogue box.
2. In the Run Command window, type services.msc and click on OK.
3. On the Services screen, make sure Bluetooth Support, Bluetooth Handsfree and other Bluetooth related Services are running.
If any Bluetooth Service is disabled, double-click on the disabled service.
4. On the next screen, set the Startup type to Automatic and click on the Start button.
5. Click on Apply and OK to close the Bluetooth Service Properties screen.
4. Remove Bluetooth Device and Add Back
If Bluetooth devices like Wireless Keyboard, Mouse or Headphones are not being detected, removing the device and adding it back is known to fix the problem.
1. Go to Settings > Devices > click on Bluetooth & Other Devices in the left-pane. In the right-pane, select the Bluetooth Device that is not working and click on Remove Device option.
2. Next, click on Add Bluetooth or other devices option.
3. Follow the onscreen prompts to Add the Bluetooth device back to your computer.
5. Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
If above solutions did not help, you can try the in-built Bluetooth Troubleshooter in Windows 10 to find and fix Bluetooth problems on your computer.
1. Go to Settings > Update & Security > click on Troubleshoot in the left-pane. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Bluetooth.
2. On the next screen, click on Run the Troubleshooter option to start the process of Troubleshooting problems with Bluetooth on your computer.
3. Allow Windows 10 to find and fix Bluetooth connectivity problems on your computer.
4. Follow the next onscreen instructions (if any).
Apply Microsoft Recommended Fix
If you are still running Windows 7 or Windows 8 on your computer, you need to apply the Microsoft recommended fix to correct PnP layer problems.
In this regard, you can visit Microsoft Support page to get more details about this problem.