If “Share my Location” settings on iPhone is grayed out or you can’t change Location Services on iPhone, you will find below the steps to fix this issue.
Can’t Change Location Services On iPhone
If you are unable to Enable or Disable Location Services on iPhone or iPad, it is most likely that this option has been disabled on your iPhone using restrictions or the Screen Time Passcode.
Also, you won’t be able to Share Location or Change Location Services Settings if you are not logged into your iCloud Account.
1. Sign-in to iCloud
The Share My Location feature on iPhone requires you to be logged-in to iCloud. Hence, make sure that you are logged into iCloud using your Apple ID.
1. Open Settings > tap on Sign in to your iPhone.
2. On the next screen, enter your Apple ID and Password to login to iCloud.
After you are signed-in, see if you are able to change Location Service settings on your iPhone.
2. Enable Location Services
Next, make sure that “Location Services” feature is enabled on your iPhone.
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Privacy.
2. On the Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
3. On the Location services screen, make sure that the option for Location Services is turned ON.
After this, check to see if you are able to access Location Services feature on your iPhone.
2. Disable Restrictions
The most common reason for not being able to enable or disable Location Services on iPhone is due to restrictions being placed on this activity (accidentally or intentionally).
1. Open Settings > scroll down and tap on Screen Time.
2. On Screen Time Screen, tap on Content Privacy & Restrictions.
3. If prompted, enter your 4-digit Screen Time PIN.
Note: If you have forgotten your Screen Time Passcode, you can refer to this guide: How to Reset Screen Time Passcode on iPhone.
4. On Content & Privacy screen, tap on Location Services.
5. On Location services screen, make sure that Allow Changes and Location Services are enabled.
After this, tap on Settings > your Apple ID Name > Share My Location and enable “Share My Location” by moving the toggle to ON position.
Hope one of the above methods has helped you in fixing the problem of Share My Location Grayed out on iPhone.